My Fallout 3 Collection (Lots of Pictures!)

Jm419

Sr Member
Hi everyone,

If you haven't played Fallout 3, and aren't familiar with the world, you might want to skip right to the pictures. There are spoilers below.

Ever since I played Fallout 3 at a neighbor's house nearly two years ago, I've loved the game atmosphere. Everything about the game was so believable - from the massive scale of the world to the peeling stock on the Hunting Rifle, the Bethesda team really did well with this game. It's stunning, very well made, and you never really forget about it.

The best part of it is, it's set in our own world - mostly. The Fallout universe split, or in game language, "diverged" from ours sometime between the end of World War II and Alan Shepard's space shot. The United States became an empire at war with China, and wars over resources rock the planet. Modern computers don't exist, as the transistor was invented in the Fallout world some 120 years after it came about in the real world. Then, in 2077, the whole world went to war in a two-hour cataclysm which decimated life on the planet. Technological progress was set back four thousand years in an instant, and instead of laser projectile weapons, mankind fought with nailboards and tripwires. As Albert Einstein once said, "The fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones."

The whole atmosphere of the game was so intoxicating that I couldn't take my mind off of it. So many iconic moments in the game, so many astonishing sights, so many powerful weapons, so many unforgettable enemies. Fallout 3 is hands down one of the best games I've ever played (right up there with KotOR and Morrowind GOTY), and I wanted to feel like I was a part of the world. I made some simple props right off the bat, then expanded my collection more and more as I learned some tricks. I'm happy to say that I believe my Fallout 3 collection is one of the most complete that I've ever seen, and I am very proud of it. There is at least one item that I've never seen any other collection have, and another item that's unique in all the world.

So, on to the pictures.

Photoon2011-03-19at13562.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at13563.jpg

These two props are very easy to do, and instantly recognizable. A simple Coca-Cola bottle donates a real feel to both of these, and with some labels, an LED, and a wooden base, they're complete.

Photoon2011-03-19at13583.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at1401.jpg

These are some wonderful items made by a seller on Ebay. They're just stickers, but the caps and Mentats box are amazingly well made and very inexpensive. If you love Fallout, these are a must have, because they instantly transport you into the game world.

Photoon2011-03-19at13592.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at1359.jpg

These, along with the lunchbox and Vault Boy, came with the collector's edition, and they're some fascinating insights into the making of the game itself, and they even fit in with my other props.

File-USA_Flag_Pre-War.png

Photoon2010-12-20at2048.jpg

Photoon2010-12-20at20482.jpg

This is one prop that I've never seen replicated outside of my own collection. It's a fairly iconic prop that isn't seen much ingame, but this is the Virgo 11 Lunar Lander (Valiant 11)'s flag, which is the equivalent of the flag planted on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts. It's in a display case in the Museum of Technology, along with the actual Valiant 11 lunar lander, which landed on the moon on July 16, 1969 in the Fallout universe, which happens to be Apollo 11's launch date. The flag is pristine in-game, and is the equivalent of the American flag. It's also featured on one of the loading screens.

Photoon2011-03-19at1400.jpg

Then, of course, we have this guy. These two props are some of my favorites. Both of them came with the Collector's edition.

Photoon2011-03-19at1339.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at1340.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at1341.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at13412.jpg

Photoon2011-03-19at13422.jpg

Here's the pride and joy of my collection, my AER9 Laser Rifle. This will probably end up repainted, but I wanted to see how it looked with some paint on it. The build thread goes into more detail, with more than sixty build photos, so if you're interested in that, it can be found here.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/fallout-aer9-laser-rifle-build-thread-103657/

So, let's take another look at the whole collection!

Photoon2011-03-19at1354.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone, and let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

@Sluis, it's not that spendy. I have both GOTY and the collector's edition, just because I wanted the gear.

@terryr,

...sorry? I must be missing something...

The little box of Mentats, a parody of Mentos. Mentos and cola chemically react.

Photoon2011-03-19at13583.jpg

Mentats are also a nod to the book DUNE.

Bethesda is really missing out on marketing this series. They could easily do bobbleheads, snowglobes, flags, posters, and anything else shown in here (the rifle might be a little to costly for some fans).

Well, I have got a Laser Pistol in the works too, lol. The rifle was a big job, that's true - and as far as I know, they actually have done a Nuka Cola, though it was less than screen accurate and never offered for sale AFAIK, but the flags wouldn't cost them much, nor would the caps. I think the Collector's Edition really is the centerpiece of the collection.

Yeah, I agree. They have said they want to focus on the games rather than merchandise. There is quite a bit out there if you can find it though. And yes, they did a Nuka Cola, I have one.

This is completely resurrecting a zombie thread - but what flag (I know its a Betsy Ross - but what brand) did you use, and where did you find the center star?

Trying to put this up with my NCR flag.
Thanks!

This is sweet man, I love the world they created with that series. pit boy? mini nuke? death claw? Keep it going! It might be cool to age and dent some of those bottle caps. Give em a nice patina. Thanks for sharing!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back