TrIr0n Man Build - 1st Build (Early Build Stage)

Update: My bro's in town this week so we got to work with some design sketching and cast my Duct Tape Mannequin yesterday via the 405th tutorial thread linked by STEALTH not too long ago. I'll have a couple pics up later tonight. Still need to figure out a cheap stuffing material. I got some old shirts I was gonna throw out that I can use, otherwise I'm not sure what to stuff with. I was thinking some of the polyester stuffing bricks available at my local Joann's (at least it says so online). Any suggestions?

Also, got my extra discs and started work on redoing my top half. The bevels are done and no mistakes this time. :thumbsup Just need to finish cutting out the inner C-Ring holder slowly this time and gluing in the new C-Ring to have that finished.

Lastly, I gutted my toy helmet and have it ready for painting. Just need to get some good spray paints. Again, any suggestions? I've heard various things about painting to toy/garbage can plastic and not sure if just any spray will do or if I need a special "paint to plastic" kind. I've seen some people on here denouncing Krylon paints, so I guess I'll try to avoid that unless someone can attest on its behalf.

Gonna be a busy weekend for me so I may not get around to this stuff 'til Monday after tonight. It's coming along though, and if we can power through at the rate we did yesterday in June then I should be done by my AX deadline.

Sorry for the late pics of the mannequin. I'm currently thinking of going with a polyester fill for the dummy unless someone has a better idea. Also, still not sure what paint brand to go with.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back