WIP Mark III iron man armor (on hold) war machine helmet p2 [pepakura]

Isamu

Hi, I'm benjamin, i'm 37 and I'm living in France near Paris.
A year ago i've started an iron man's MkIII armor.
Due to a lack of space i've put it on hold. But now i'm moving to a new place soon with enought space in my basement to make a real workshop :)

I'm a member of siwdat.com where i've found some great help. I hink i can found great help here too :)

I've used Dancing fools files (i'll redo the abs part using CyberPaddy66 work ;) )

Here are all the pictures :).

And a lightpaint make with a great friend of mine ;)
His website: Vincent Bruno Art Web Site

For the "resin stage" I'll test acrylic resin (non toxic) ;)

Last edited:
re: WIP Mark III iron man armor [pepakura]

thanks guys :)

Well it's far from perfect or simply good to me ... i'll re-do the entire torso and the helmet (i'll take the HD one).

For the articulations i'll use the medieval technique with aluminium.
(shell and compression articulation techniques) ..

Fantastic Pep work your cutting is clean and so is you assembly... To be honest you dont look like you need to re-do anything, for a non HD helmet it looks great keep up the good work.

I cant wait to see your articulation method too, investigating that now myself

Hey, now I don't feel so old Lol Ha! Ha! 38. By the way Great Work! You can fix anthing you have already pepped, don't start over, Start fresh & just finish what you've begun. Good luck. Keep Building!....

I've used Dancing fools files (i'll redo the abs part using CyberPaddy66 work ;) )

I warn you now it's not correctly scaled, I pepped up the front part and it's TINY!!! if you tell me what size you need them I'll re-do the unfolds for you as I'm going to need them re-done for my own use and I won't know the scale until I get down to the cod piece and I have to do the chest and back pieces before I do that :cry

Re: WIP Mark III iron man armor [pepakura]

hello :) i'm not dead... not yet lol :)

due to a humidity problem I have to rebuid all the chest, helmet and legs....

so i've already make a new helmet : the sharkhead HD one :

tomorrow i'll test acrylic resin ;)

For he ab part don't worry CyberPaddy66 i know how to scale them up if needed :)

so i'm going to scale them down lol .. i'm using a 1.45 scale factor on DF's models :)

anyway thanks again ;)

Great work!! im using your pic for reference for my first pep MK.III helmet so thank you.

Just a question for you on the helmet. the size of my helmet is fine, its just when it is together it is hard to get on, will pieces have to be cut from the bak to fit over the head after bondo stage?

I'm glad and proud that my work can help somebody to build his own helmet :)

I can't put mine when it's together .. so I use the back piece (with the "ears") as "locking part"

But eventually when you fiberglass it and use bondon on it so it will be solid. how will you mange to fit it over your head?

Id be so happy if I got mine close to yours :)

well i don't know yet :) maybe an articulation at the back and a lock on the jaw ...
i'll see that later, for now i'm trying acrylic resin with fiberglass and it seems to work fine, i hope i can post new pictures tomorrow ;)

For the helmet , take our time :) it'll be fine ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back