My Judge Death Badge

Skor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After many years of reading Dredd and finally getting my awesome Termight replica Dredd badge to go with my original artwork and sketches, I started to look for something else to go with it. A lawgiver was out of my budget as was a judge's helmet. I don't know why but I decided on Judge Death's badge. I figured it would be a good companion piece to the Dredd badge.

Could I find one? Nope. Just old postings and fan made one offs.

So. Sod it, I've attempted to make my own

vaaOP57__original.jpg

It's clay and polyboard and my very first attempt to make something like this.

It's nowhere near finished yet, I have to sand it and cut it back, clean it up and perhaps cast a resin copy of it, that I'll paint up in a metallic finish and distress to make it look very weathered, worn and creepy.

So that's it. My take on Judge Death' badge!

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. I've got a stack of unused clay and board. Mortis and fear should be ok (if I can find a decent image of Fear's badge) but I have little idea of what to do for Fire's that would keep it in the 'rough weathered metal' look. Unless I just sculpt flames and bronze powder coat them...

Looking good Skor.

It's been ages since I read the comics. Do you have a pic of Deaths' badge you can post for reference ?

Death's Badge varies from artist to artist... sometimes with two very long thin fangs and three teeth, to stubby fangs and four teeth, also the eyes change from very round to slanted and aggressive.

I went for a middle of the road look, taking most designs into account.

jdeath_bolland.jpg

Well, aside from rubbing some more dirt onto it, I'm done.

I made my first ever mold and cast in resin (also for the first time) - holy crap is it an experience!

UTq_vYYh_original.jpg

I quite pleased with the results though.. It looks nice and rough, like I assume Death's badge should!

Well, I went for Gold in the end!

The finished results:

death1.png

I'm selling them on to fund the next project :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back