House MD Props: Ax Cane + Cane Shotgun

I was wondering how long it would take for this to show up. I want to make the shotgun cane, but it's probably a pricey build.

I think that one was probably the best episode the show has had in years. It's settling back down into it's repetitive phase.

Just watched this episode. Freaking great. I'm actually thinking about making both the axe and the cane. I know there's a website that sells teh exact canes he uses and I know it's the cherrywood cane which according to the site is about $13 so I may have to order two of those. As for teh axe-cane, i'm not sure how that would work but I'm pretty sure if I make it the way I think I can, it won't be rectractable as I can't fit a 4 inch wide blade into about an inch of wood.

The cherrywood cane is one of his older canes I think. The one from the episode was red with a round curved handle.

I've considered getting a rosewood cane similar to House, but not making it into the shotgun. That episode was better, right now House is a shadow of what it was say 3 years ago.

Don't you mean 6 years ago? :lol

Awesome, super cheap cane. So how about the shotgun type? With some luck there's also a cheap airsoft version of the right gun.

Yeah it's actually gotten alot darker the past few seasons. As for the shotgun cane, I haven't had any luck finding the right gun with the flashlight on the bottom. once I do though then I can start. I think before that I'm actually gonna just buy the canes themselves. I know I'm gonna need 3 of the Rose woods though cause i'll need one for the axe and one for the gun lol.

Don't you mean 6 years ago? :lol

Awesome, super cheap cane. So how about the shotgun type? With some luck there's also a cheap airsoft version of the right gun.

3, 6, I lost track once House got off Vicodin! :lol

Are you looking to make it functional with a sliding release for the cocking mechanism or just for display purposes?

Functional would be cool, but I'll take what i can get once we identify the gun.

Also, you could do a standard cane, the ax, and the gun by cutting small slots in the cane and making the pieces attachable like the shotgun pieces in the show. All 3 props in one.

My bad. Rosewood. this is the site I found them on. I'm pretty sure it's the rosewood. Link
Just an fyi for anyone who might be interested in purchasing from Fashionable Canes. I've bought two canes from them in the past--great service, and their products are good quality; these are real-world functional canes, not cheap costume canes. And they'll cut them to size for you for no extra charge (follow their sizing instructions if you're interested).

BUT...I didn't buy the Rosewood cane, so I can't speak from personal experience about it's quality. For $13 plus shipping, why not?

Well it's good to know they're legit and have good quality. Thanks. Once I order the rose wood (possibly next month) I'll see how the quality of that is. As for cutting it, I won't be using them so I'm not worried about it.

Here are some screen grabs, let's do this.

HouseCane.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back