HCG Predator 2 Bio Helmet - Is this the best helmet available?

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Title pretty much says it all. I am looking to get the best bio helmets out there for the main predators from all of the Predator movies. Obviously, Sideshow covers all the new movies quite well and if the comparison I did of Chopper (from AvP) is any indication, you can't get much better than what they are offering.

I hopefully have a line on the stunt helmet from P1 which only leaves the helmet from P2 (not worrying with the lost Predators), so my question is whether or not the helmet sold by HCG is the best you can get for a P2 with the closest and least molested lineage? If not, what are the alternatives (not fan sculpted)?

I have a P2 stunt mold, but won't have time to cast one for a while.

I also converted the stunt helmet to the hero version by casting the stunt in polyurethane resin without fiberglassing the inside and changing the shape with heat as well as adding many details.
Even though i normally hate changing anything on items that are cast from orignal, I was really pleased with how it turned out and IMO its spot on to the original hero.

As far as i can tell, the only time you see the stunt helmet in P2 is on top of the subway train. The hero helmet that you see in 99% of the film is very different from the stunt, so for me, the conversion had to be done.

My hero casting is covered in silicone at the moment. I started to mold it a few years back, but just never got around to finishing the mold, so i sent it to a friend of mine to put a few more layers of silicone on it and to make the mothermold. I just hope the silicone i put on is ok, as like i said, its been on it for a few years now.

Keith.

Keith, is your P2 stunt the same as the HCG? I know theirs had some damage around the laser area. I am with you on the whole stunt vs hero and would love to see what your hero looks like once you have it out of the mold. Tough call because I like the hero better than the stunt (obviously) but also like unmolested Screen Used better than modfied (even if modified well). Tough tough call... I am in no hurry on this as I have 8 other helmets to get for the project I am doing.

Art, there is no damage on mine around the target area that i can see.

I have some pics somewhere of my hero version, but i think they may be on a floppy disc and my computer has no floppy drive now.
Maybe someone here saved the pics when i posted them here in 2006? If so, please post them.

Keith.

The hero p2 bio had a very different snout, laser, forehead, crown and eye area.. The chin area of the bio went well under the "undermask's chin". There were also 5 vent holes underneath , Yet another detail not scene on any stunt helmet from the film.

Once I have the P1 in hand, I think I will try to go after an HCG P2. If at some point after that, Keith's are made available... I sure won't complain.

I just don't care for the P2 Stunt's paintjob. I love the hero paint job but think it would be a crime to paint the stunt to look like the hero.

I will be making a small run of hero P2 helmets Art, so when i have some photos of it to show, you can decide if you want one.

Again though, if anyone saved the photos i posted of it back in 2006, please post them or email them to me.

Keith.

BTW, here are the changes i made to make the hero. At least the changes i remember making anyway.....

Larger, wider dome. (job done by heating the resin, no filler).
Larger target hole area.
Rim runs all the way around the eyes, not just the sides and bottom of the eyes like the stunt.
More pronounced brow with added detail in the center.
Flatter nose.
"paw print" removed from nose.
Nose bridge built up higher and added angled corners to it.
Different texture on the dome, brow and nose.
More pronounced cheeks.
Large under chin section added and with 5 air holes drilled.

Keith.

I ran through my archive and quickly pulled a few pics up for you Art.

Here are a few pics of the screen used P2:

P2_Screen%252520Used.jpg

P2_ScreenUsed_eBay_2586-0002a.jpg

P2_ScreenUsed_eBay_2586-0002b.jpg

And here are the stunt and hero ones that hez had the molds for:

hez_Paul_P2_01.jpg

hez_Paul_P2_02.jpg

hez_Paul_P2_03.jpg

Which one is the best depends on whether you're looking for the hero or the stunt and personal preference

Just finished the mold. I've not had chance to cast one yet, but i might take a few quick pics of the master helmet later.

Keith.

Looks very good keith.But did you not molded the "teeth sculptings"under the hole for the laserunit?On the heromask they are very destinctive.

and here some pics of my repainted HCG-Stuntmask...and were I can buy the right mesh???:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back