Trying to get ideas for prop room/ home theater

Rusty85

Sr Member
So I'm trying to plan what I want to do for my home theater and prop room. I want to have individual sections that are separated in different display cases that contain groupings of my different props.

Above each one I want to have a sign that hangs describing what's inside the cases. Here's some ideas for the different signs, which will be airbrushed by my friend in different styles.

All of the names are undecided, but this is what I've come up with so far.

The first I want to call, "Armory and Gadgets." This is where I'll store all of my weapons and trinkets, gadgets, etc... For the sign I'm going to go with a metal sign painted like brushed metal with round bolts going around the edges. This would have

The second would be ,"Lost Relics and Artifacts", which would have things like the Spear of Destiny, Constantine Lighter(Whenever its done), Goonies Map, Monster Squad Amulet(I wish lol).

The third is going to have my life-size stuff, like Sam from Trick R Treat, the puppets and trunk from Puppet Master, Billy from Saw(maybe). I would want to call this one something like, "Living Creatures". I had a great idea for this one's glass for the display case. I want to get some glass etching cream and etch the spells from Thirteen Ghosts across it, and maybe have some bars on the outside for some added effect. I saw someone's home theater and they had something with bars that had a predator and the creature from the Black Lagoon in it.

The last one would be for mask's like Michael Myers, Freddy's glove, Jason's mask. I don't know what to name this, but I've been kicking around a few ideas.

What's everyone think?

The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned "armory and gadgets" was a painting that would slide away and have the display in behind it...kind of like a superhero's hidden stash.
For the relics, maybe something that resembles a safe? Or a safe deposit box, open with the artifacts inside?
Just a thought...
Jon

Those are some goods ideas, thanks for the input. The Armory one is especially interesting. Thanks man! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Ideas, I have lots...
Ability and know-how to pull them all off? That part I'm working on...

Although for the painting idea, I'd probably build something like a shadow box, lighted on the inside, plexiglass (or glass) cover, then get a painting that's slightly larger than the box. Drawer slides mounted to the frame and the picture with a small remote operated motor with some rubber wheels to slide it away from the box?

If you could split the painting down the middle and have the two halves slide apart, it would probably be easier on the mechanics and the motor...relatively inexpensive, but a nice effect...

Ther was an article in a costco magazine a few years ago which showcased a person who built custom living room / bedroom displays, complete with lifesize props. I always thought it would be cool to mahe droid dekars (not sure of the spelling ) into chairs.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back