Tron 3 (Tron Legacy Sequel)

I would be far more happy if Tron Legacy wasn't so filled with problems. The director is saying all the key words to hype it up right down to mentioning Empire Strikes Back which just about every director does. What they fail to realize or talk about is that Star Wars was a classic and 9 times out of 10, you need to make a classic first to get to Empire Strikes Back levels. Legacy was far from Star Wars quality even with that final Light Jet scene.

ESB is over-rated, IMO. It's just a space adventure movie. It doesn't have the same charm and freshness that Star Wars did.

So in your view, what are the problems which so plague Tron Legacy? I tried to watch Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon last night. Couldn't make it past the Buzz Aldrin scene, too damn embarrassingly bad. Now there's a film with problems, again, IMO.

ESB is over-rated, IMO. It's just a space adventure movie. It doesn't have the same charm and freshness that Star Wars did.

So in your view, what are the problems which so plague Tron Legacy? I tried to watch Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon last night. Couldn't make it past the Buzz Aldrin scene, too damn embarrassingly bad. Now there's a film with problems, again, IMO.

I think as a sequel Empire Strikes Back is as strong if not better than the original depending on your point of view. Plus the surprise reveal. Few sequels reach this level.

On Tron Legacy's problems, my paper which I linked to earlier in the thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f47/rewatched-tron-legacy-ramble-134047/index4.html#post2163577

I'd like Tr3n to be as rich, visually impressive and fascinating as Uprising. Legacy felt a bit flat to me. Not enough discoveries, poetry, or world presence. Dark stuff everywhere, clouds with bolts of lighting, no circuitry on clothing. Meh.

Hope they can up the levels a bit on this one. :/

I think as a sequel Empire Strikes Back is as strong if not better than the original depending on your point of view. Plus the surprise reveal. Few sequels reach this level.

They don't reach these levels of surprise anymore because of how many spoilers are out there vs. back in the 80's it took a while to catch wind of what was going to happen without the internet or access to inside sources.

Aaaawesome! I don't see how Legacy's CGI was "bad" CLU was an actual digital program and was supposed to look that way, I hope this movie happens soon!

Please, please, please...I still find myself rewatching T:Legs more often than any other recent sci fi movie, even District 9.

While I think there were a lot of things wrong with Legacy, I would love to visit that world again, also. Legacy wasn't that great a movie but let's face it, the original wasn't either. And I'm saying this as a HUGE Tron fan....

For whatever reason it IS that great a movie, for me. I really don't see much that's wrong with it, once you accept the premise itself.

Mostly it's just sound, colour and movement, I guess. That soundtrack. The visuals. Reptile-brain responses; it's like slipping into a comfy pair of slippers on a cold night. :lol

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Tron! The first one will always hold a dear and special place in my heart. It may go down in history for it's visuals, but classic literature it ain't.

I watch Tron Legacy all the damn time. If I want a movie on in the background while I do housework or other things I start Legacy. Between the soundtrack and the action I LOVE it

The only thing I was disappointed with in Legacy was the lack of esoteric programs an OS type characters that were in the first film.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Tron! The first one will always hold a dear and special place in my heart. It may go down in history for it's visuals, but classic literature it ain't.

It's forward thinking/futurist concepts dotted throughout are worthy of note though. Yori was a C.A.D program which wasn't around for real till some years later. The internet was also introduced to the masses when the MPC started talking about infilterating the Pentagon. Considering how common, and far both of those things have come on since its original release, I'd say it was worthy of the classic title just from an engineering point of view.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back