Captain America Red Skull mask WIP...finished mask bottom of PG 4

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i don't have alot of reference yet. but here goes......

i took the red skull pic from the enter. weekly and using jack kirby's version of the red skull.

i am convinced they used CGI on the nose for the movie mask.

here is the start.
007-57.jpg

008-48.jpg

010-29.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Red Skull mask WIP...............

Excellent sculpt so far! Can't help but think he looks like Skeletors pissed off little brother......

Excellent sculpt so far! Can't help but think he looks like Skeletors pissed off little brother......

LOL!!! same thing i thought.

this sculpt is like drawing a tiger, it won't look right till it has color.

the pic of the red skull i have, the paint job adds alot of dimension to the mask with uses of black and brown.

thanks for the all the comments. still a way to go on this.
i am sculpting this as a mask , not a bust. if you sculpt a bust , you could get the nose alot more accurate because you can cut off the nose on your lifecast. on a mask i can't.

now if we can find someone to make the jackets.................because that is one badass outfit!

That looks awesome!
I hope you don't mind, but I photoshopped your first pic red and tried to make it look like the movie pic. Once your mask is painted, its gonna look great.
redskull.jpg

very cool. celtic. i like it and it is showing me somethings that need to be changed on the sculpt.

indy, send me an estimate on the jacket.

You're certainly skilled in the area of sculpting. ;) Excellent translation from limited reference. :thumbsup

here is some almost done pics. got to finish out some details. get the skin texture finished and make sure i am happy with it before molding........

002-133.jpg

003-112.jpg

001-115.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back