Wesley snipes Blade costume

knightcrasher

I seen and old link in one of the forums for a Wesley Snipes blade costume or vest. I clicked on it but it was a dead link .I was wondering if some one might know where I can the find the Wesley Snipes blade costume or parts of it. or if possible where to find what I need to make it? thanks for any help given.

B.W. :confused

Welcome to the forums. The ONLY person who I know who has ever recreated the Blade 1 costume (the vest is the only difficult part) was Gary Barth.

The Stubai buckles are nearly impossible to find now. Seriously. Nearly impossible to locate.

Honestly, I hate to be "that guy" but this is one of those costumes that is SO hard, that it might not be worth the money.

But if you use the "search" function, there are a few good discussions of the costume. Also, your best reference is propstore and screenused, their archives have many wonderful photos of the actual costumes. Especially propstore.com. Check their SOLD or ARCHIVES. They sold the fully complete Blade 1 costume. It was epic.

GOOD LUCK! It's a hard costume but I really do wish you luck!

I seen and old link in one of the forums for a Wesley Snipes blade costume or vest. I clicked on it but it was a dead link .I was wondering if some one might know where I can the find the Wesley Snipes blade costume or parts of it. or if possible where to find what I need to make it? thanks for any help given.

B.W. :confused

Indyfanchuck,

thanks for responding to this . it was you who left the link for someone else that I was trying to follow in that old post that i mentioned in the first post .Well at this point I would even settle for blade 2 or 3 costume. I was also trying to look into the other costume used in Blade the series which ran on spike TV for a little while.

to be honest I think one of the reason I like the blade Costume is that fact that I it is unique. and there aren't alot of people who would do it . which makes it a one of a kind.
I don't want to go to a costplay and see anyone else sporting the Blade look but me. you know what I mean? Blade himself was a unique and one of a kind character even in the comic books. thats what I like about him.

but thanks I will check out those links you mentioned. if you have anything else that might be of help let me know. in the other link you left for some guy I thought that guy was going to make his own vest becaust he did find the stubai buckes . I would settled for something close.

B.W.

You could PM irishamericanlad about replica buckles for the Blade II costume.

He made some in the past and still might be able to help out.

Best of luck.

Research for the first Blade costume led me to The RPF!

Agreed, Blade 2 is a MUCH MORE SIMPLE costume to put together, and as he mentioned above, you can contact him for the buckles.

I highly recommend doing the Blade 2 costume!

The Blade 1 vest is the best. I was looking into one too but those Damn stubai buckles cost around 70$ each and you'll need four I think. So right there your almost 300$. The blade two buckles are about half the price.

Actually have a bunch of stubai chrome and in black I blast down to grey if someone would help me make a blade 1 vest I'd give them buckles for free lol

Have 11 buckles total ideally would love to keep the chrome obviously and yes it's x4 for the vest x1 for the belt buckle and x1 for the overcoat around the waist closure but that's barely seen

I wish I had the knowledge to help you brother, I really do. I don't. I hope someone here steps up and you make an awesome costume.

Here's to hoping someone speaks up:cheers

If someone took one of those buckles apart I bet we could make copies.

Even easier would be to make phony look-a-alikes that were just ornamental, and had velcro on the back or something.

I agree with chuckybaby555 I think blade one is the best custome myself. I like 2 also . costume 3 looks like they did not spend a lotof time designing it. like terryr I would mind making a phony look alike . if it was possible to find a pattern for it.

pretty much anyone who is into blade would still reconize it as blade. does anyone have any idea where to get a pattern for it to make the buckle if it came down to it .

I would just find something close to what the buckles look like. Radion said he had the buckles Radion what would you let 4 of the buckles go for? has anyone actually tried to make the vest before ? if so do you have the pattern for it. I could use?

I'm going to try and PM irishamericanlad does he come on here alot? thanks Guys for all of your input . atleast I know I'm not alone here. my research on the first blade costume is what let me to this web site. iI could creat the stuff in my 3d animation software. to bad there is no way for me to bring it into reality that easy.

B.W.

i do in fact come here often lol, i was able to make molds of the Blade 2 buckles from a production mold i was lent... i agree with terryr that i could cast the buckles he has and make cheaper alternate buckles...

Check out this thread for some good photos of the stubai opened and closed.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/blade-collectors-unite-blade-show-off-thread-32461/

Here's a closeup. I think it's the back.

attachment.php

wow!!

IndyFanChuck I just seen the link the terryr left here. if I would have had that vest I think i would have reverse engineer it to where I would have made a pattern for everypart of the vest etc. or took it to someone and had them make me a exact replica of it that way even when you sold the original you would have a had an exact copy of it to do as I please. in a sense have your cake and eat it too. wow you had something that most of us only dream of having my hat off to you.

B.W.

The actual movie vest used STUBAI brand buckles, and you can clearly see on the screen used vests that they are the discontinued Stubai buckles.

Those you show there are close, but no cigar. BUT, you could use them for your costume if you wanted to do your own.

Either way, they are close enough to where MOST people wouldn't notice.

Yep. I looked at their site and have a similar design in four styles, but all in black and have information all over the surface. Not-so-much-SA anymore. :(
I guess you could always take the black coating off and fill in the lettering I guess. They run about $45, which is more than the Cobra buckles. Double ouch.

There's a guy floating around every year at D*C who does a fabulous Blade. I don't know his name, but he seems pretty accurate. Someone here might know who he is.

I remember a guy at DragonCon in 2007 who had a great Blade 1 costume down to the haircut and the tattoos all accurate. I wonder if that was gary Barth.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back