Doctor Who Series 6 - "Cybermat"

Re: Doctor Who Series 6 - "Silver Rat"

Cool.

Even with the teeth showing it was kinda cute, especially scuttling around on the floor.

Next time I write a fanfic script I might have to write in a domesticated pet cybermat living in the TARDIS.

Coming to a (UK) store near you soon....

2422114.jpg.size-300_square-true.jpg

Apparently bump-and-go action and with RRP of £16.99 - expected Oct 16th.

I'll have to get one and carry it around at Gallifrey in my Cyberman costume.

Re: Doctor Who New Enemy/Prop *spoilers*

That looks like a prime candidate for a nice little 1:1 toy release. Pull back or RC, lights and sound, the works. Character Options must have their eyes on this, a nice little companion to their Cyber voice changing helmet

Just as we predicted back in March.

cybermat_bumpngo.jpg

I wonder if we'll see those big chompers under the flap at the front, it looks like it may be a seperate piece. I hope the scale is correct too, for £16.99 it's seems very reasonably priced if it is 1:1. Anyway, a solid base for the RPF to hack into something great I think

I'm sure it does have the teeth, the mouth panel sticks out way too far to be a coincidence.

Re: Doctor Who New Enemy/Prop *spoilers*

Just as we predicted back in March.

cybermat_bumpngo.jpg

I wonder if we'll see those big chompers under the flap at the front, it looks like it may be a seperate piece. I hope the scale is correct too, for £16.99 it's seems very reasonably priced if it is 1:1. Anyway, a solid base for the RPF to hack into something great I think

I want one of those for sure!!! :) Let's hope the scale is right..:thumbsup

-Chris

To be honest, I don't think it is correct scale wise and I don't think its even the right shape.

The TV version is very much shoe shaped, if you like, at the front. The toy seems a bit more rounded...?

I think at its widest point it is 5", its full length being 9 to 10"

As for the LEDs, I need to look again...

Just came here to post this:

31075930039979997405412.jpg

The DW Facebook page posted it. It's taken from this weeks Doctor Who Adventures magazine. This was the highest resolution I could find. It shows a nice view of each version :)

As far as the toy goes, it's quite nice. I'll probably get one at some point. Especially if the mouth plate removes.

Huh, those pictures make the length of the body look more "squished" than they seem on TV. Hmm. Thank you for posting, though! That's some wonderful reference.

I've started a rough sculpt of them, I only hope the toy version is not as awesome, I'd hate to scrap this like I did my Adipose. :lol

Mine will definitely have a removable/swappable insert for the mouth, though it will be a static display at first. :)

Hey rollerboi, I look forward to what you end up producing. One of these days, I'll finish a prop I start!

I've gathered some more reference shots of the 3 different cybermats that were produced for the show (despite that article only mentioning 2!) from the Confidential episode and will upload here for people's reference.

Thanks for the heads up on the reference shots, and brill news about the screengrabs David, that's saved me the job! Have ordered two of the toys so will see how they turn out before deciding on whether to sculpt a new one or just modify one.

And the hero remote contorl prop, which unfortunately never came close enough to screen!

DWS6E12_Conf_Cybermat10.png

DWS6E12_Conf_Cybermat13.png

DWS6E12_Conf_Cybermat14.png

I'll try the programme itself next.

those caps are great, thanks forthat, maybe it'll be possioble to update the toy if its any good

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back