House M.D come on get happy costume...

you're on the right track but i don't think its exactly right....

also are they skull cufflinks?...at first i thought it was a little penguin...but i'm pretty sure its a skull

I don't either but I just started looking...I was also wondering...I realize the cane lighting effect was probably not a practical effect but some sort of post production one. I found a couple of acrylic canes that would work...I am just wondering if there would a way to make a light bright enough yet small enough to fit within the cane tip that would light up for a few seconds on impact...the length of the light possibly being determined by the force of the impact. I am by no means knowledgeable with electronics...

neither am i, but it sounds possible....

its quite similar to zeus's cane in the new tron, so if you have a look around I'm pretty sure there was a thread or 2 on that....

I thought about A Clockwork Orange too. Was that the inspiration for this? Does anyone know?

I'm really looking forward to seeing someone take on this costume.

I want to know if it was a different director than usual because that whole sequence was different than anything we have seen on House. It was shot different and just had a completely different feel.

neither am i, but it sounds possible....

its quite similar to zeus's cane in the new tron, so if you have a look around I'm pretty sure there was a thread or 2 on that....

I was thinking the same thing except at the bottom of House's cane it has an H.

I like this. Hugh Laurie's been a favorite of mine since Blackadder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie on PBS. I'm not sure if it's the costume that gives the Clockwork orange feel or the menace that House gives off.

I think it is a bit of both. I just loved this whole sequence. I am trying to figure out a small impact switch that would fit inside the rubber tip of the cane...just not sure if digital would be feasible or if a physical switch would be easier...

I am thinking a lot of the jewelry was custom... I am not finding any caduceus pins that even remotely match house's. I've found similar button covers that aren't exact...not to mention $65 a pair is a bit pricey. Do you think cold cast silver resin would be a workable solution?

I want to know if it was a different director than usual because that whole sequence was different than anything we have seen on House. It was shot different and just had a completely different feel.

It was part of a dream sequence in the most recent episode. I think they were going for more of a bohemian feel, something along the lines of what Baz Luhrmann did with Moulin Rouge.

pretty sure the whole sequence was directed and choreographed by Mia Michaels, the choreographer that's on So You Think You Can Dance

EDIT: also I think provided some clear shots of the pieces, that shapeways could be a good avenue for getting them made, I'd be willing to make them....

Last edited:
I don't either but I just started looking...I was also wondering...I realize the cane lighting effect was probably not a practical effect but some sort of post production one. I found a couple of acrylic canes that would work...I am just wondering if there would a way to make a light bright enough yet small enough to fit within the cane tip that would light up for a few seconds on impact...the length of the light possibly being determined by the force of the impact. I am by no means knowledgeable with electronics...

Luxeon Led's like the ones used for saber props. Even a white LUX I would would, and are also cheap. with a direct drive unit, between the optic, the battery pack, and the luxeon star itself, your tip would be a minimum of 3-4 inches long. But, if you use CR123 batteries, or 4 AAA's you can squeeze them into an elegant silver canister that would function as a tip. Just a thought.

I was just watching my 18 month old running around in her shoes that light up....and totally had a brain storm...what about using the light mechanism from them? it lights on impact, lasts about 2-3 seconds before slowly fading out...might need brighter white bulbs...but I think this may work....gonna look for the cane and another pair of clearance shoes today.

The technology behind light up drumsticks should help you out. They atleast used to sell them at Disneyland.

Here's some screenshots I collected, if it helps at all.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/teenykitten/house.jpg?t=1299926674

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/teenykitten/house2.jpg?t=1299926731

The cufflinks are indeed skulls, as are the buttons on the white vest. You can see in the pic of the cufflink that the rings on his left hand are also both skulls.

does anyone know where i can get the white leather gloves? I've looked on ebay but theyre all different compared to the ones house is wearing!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back