My Custom Green Lantern Ring

Kris Lyssara

Sr Member
I'm currently in a jewelry making class, and for my first cast ring, I decided to go with something simple: A Green Lantern ring. Custom design, came to me while I was sitting in the study hall eating a sub.

Ring was designed in sheet wax and cast using the investment casting method in sterling silver. Roughly 0.5oz.

Last edited:
I actually just got it finished on Wednesday. I'll get a few pics uploaded to Flickr and then post an update in a minute.

EDIT: Alright, updated pics in first post!

Last edited:
Reiterating what I said originally, looks really nice! The finished pics look really good. I like the unique design. Nice job.

I'm currently in a jewelry making class, and for my first cast ring, I decided to go with something simple: A Green Lantern ring. Custom design, came to me while I was sitting in the study hall eating a sub.

Ring was designed in sheet wax and cast using the investment casting method in sterling silver.

Finished ring!
5548910851_8d3ba8deb5.jpg

5548910797_233a805c11.jpg
Wow, that turned out fantastic! Great concept and you did a beautiful job on it! Thanks for sharing! :):thumbsup

VERY nice. I could never wear it though, I'm allergic to silver...:unsure

I call werewolf!

Lovely subtle design. It's the sort of design that you would find at a market amongst a whole bunch of other costume jewellery but only a Green Lantern fan would see it and make the connection. And then barter with the stall keeper as it's really just a meaningless trinket, so I'll offer you $3 instead of $5 and snigger whilst I walk away stroking the ring.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back