Drive Angry Props

Onkelpsycho

Sr Member
There is a thread in the entertainment forum, but I thought it would be nice to have a discussion for props.

Saw the movie yesterday, it was fun to watch...

So, what we have?

License Plate
Driver License
God Killer gun
Bullet
I brake 4 ***** car sticker
Bone Cane
Necklace
Bookmaker Coin
FBI ID

Dont know, the movie start here a week ago, so I dont know if the movie is availabel on DVD or Blu Ray in other countries, yet...

Hey Onkelpsycho

Here some Screens not the best but better than nothing.

fbibadge.jpg

coin1.jpg

driver.jpg

unbenannt.jpg

So this is what I got until yet

driveangry.jpg

Greetings from Germany

Paddy

Re: Drive Angry Props The Godkiller Info

Design and production of the weapon arrives through the wicked genius of Gary Tunnicliffe, an FX artist whose work has appeared in dozens of genre films, including Blade, Candyman and six Hellraiser films.

Shock caught up Tunnicliffe outside the film's prop trailer where, through the door, could just be made out bloody limbs and a partially-exploded human bust. He proudly pulled out the God Killer's faded carrying case, something that he said was as tricky to get right as the gun itself.

"I just thought that the God Killer, this mythical weapon in the film, should have a history when you see the case to it," he said, "I ended up spending an enormous amount of money making a case for it... Patrick was very specific. He said, 'The case should look like it's from Hell and has been through Hell and traveled a million miles."

Beginning with an 18th century Chinese attache case, Tunnicliffe tracked down (through the invaluable resource of Ebay) a number of antiquated items to base the age of the case off of, including Civil War-era gun holder, complete with dents, scratches and even a burned-on handprint.

Inside the case, surrounding the gun, is a set of special bullets. Supposedly made of a mythical material, the idea is that the actual shell is eternally hot and must be surrounded by a larger, glass covering filled with Holy Water. Inside the gun case is a set of tongs that Cage's character, Milton, uses to lift the bullet and smash them open right before loading the weapon.

Instead of a single rotating cylinder, the gun features five massive rotating barrels and is engraved on the hilt with the latin words for "God Killer", "Deus Iuguolo". From the ivory handle, engraved with demonic imagery, there hang a variety of "Anti-God" charms, lending a decidedly demonic bent to the weapon's firepower.

"The original design had it 27 inches long, Tunnicliffe said, "I built a 27 inch version and it was ****ing ridiculous... It was like a hand cannon, so we ended up shrinking it down slightly."

Because of it's huge size, the gun (which Milton has from the film's start), was simply too big to be carried in a traditional holster. Instead, Tunnicliffe designed a body holster designed for a fast draw. Still, while elements of practicality factored into the design, one of the most important factors was that it stand as one of cinema's badass firearms.

"I geeked the **** out of it," Tunnicliffe laughed, "I wanted something that Nic would open for the first time and go, '****, that's a cool gun!'

god-killer-01.jpg

Video closeup in great detail extreme closeups at
Drive Angry 3D - Exclusive God Killer Gun Featurette Video - IGN

What's funny (or not funny) about that story is that the case for the gun is on screen for a total of 3 seconds, in the back of a car, and partially obscured. He also never reloads it once in the whole movie.

The gun itself is without doubt the most interesting prop from the film. The movie is out on Blu Ray now so i'm sure someone will have better pictures.

Hope to see some props from the movie soon... Would love to have all, but especially the License plate, coin, Driver License, but I think I have to watch the movie again to have reference for all props again...

In the the first copper/fbi scene, where he goes into phone booth.

And i think he never reloads because he says he only has 3 bullets.

I want these props, so propmakers, here we go (sorry, I only got the DVD version)...

Some paper props and of course some 3-dimensional stuff, too...

vlcsnap23480.jpg

vlcsnap24841.jpg

vlcsnap26035.jpg

vlcsnap27482.jpg

vlcsnap27847.jpg

vlcsnap28250.jpg

vlcsnap28513.jpg

vlcsnap28619.jpg

vlcsnap29168.jpg

vlcsnap30370.jpg

vlcsnap32786.jpg

vlcsnap32927e.jpg

vlcsnap33063.jpg

vlcsnap33157.jpg

vlcsnap36464.jpg

vlcsnap38882.jpg

vlcsnap39201.jpg

vlcsnap39321.jpg

vlcsnap40698.jpg

vlcsnap40852.jpg

vlcsnap46846.jpg

vlcsnap53756.jpg

If someone need high bigger solution, let me know...

Hi Onkelpsycho,

just got the 3D BR last week and this movie is really hilarious. The FBI ID should be pretty easy, there are a lot of readymade FBI badges around (e.g. on ebay) just put William Fichtner's photo in and sign with 'The accountant' (not bookmaker...) ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back