Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

Sigh.... Hollywood seems to have nothing better to do than constantly come up with new ways to destroy my childhood memories. I'll place this film along side the new Total Recall on my list of "boycott on principle".

ED looks good, hoping he retains a main part and not just a cameo in a sales vid.
not sure of the need to even change OCP's name tho :-/

Not getting my hopes up on this yet, remember Prometheus? Still, I kinda like ED-209. Kinda has a Terminator Hunter Killer look as well. As long as Robo's armor is not printed spandex I think I might be good with it....

production art? lol

robocop_unicorn_1.jpg

fat_robocop_simple_funny_wallpapers_III-s1280x800-108521-580.jpg

Sigh.... Hollywood seems to have nothing better to do than constantly come up with new ways to destroy my childhood memories. I'll place this film along side the new Total Recall on my list of "boycott on principle".

Isn't Total Recall based on a book? Maybe the new flick is going to adhere a little closer to it, so that remake is a little more understandable. But Robocop isn't based on anything, right? It was an original script. That, in my eyes, makes a reboot less tasteful.

Isn't Total Recall based on a book? Maybe the new flick is going to adhere a little closer to it, so that remake is a little more understandable. But Robocop isn't based on anything, right? It was an original script. That, in my eyes, makes a reboot less tasteful.

Yup, by Phillip K. Dick, who's work has also been turned into:

Blade Runner, Total Recall, A Scanner Darkly, Minority Report, Paycheck, Next, Screamers, and The Adjustment Bureau.

All of those are pretty good movies. I personally don't mind reboots and remakes, because that's all they are. The originals are still the classics.

ED-209!

Don't know about the gatling gun mouth, but I like everything else about it. Think this one will be able to walk up and down stairs? :D

Not getting my hopes up on this yet, remember Prometheus?

Yeah, I remember that movie... I can only pray that the Robocop Reboot would spark the interest or conversation that Prometheus did. Instead it will fall squarely into the "it sucked" or " it was ok" category and that will more or less be that.

This is yet another movie that I will boycott on principle.

Someone should make a t-shirt with "Hollywood: Reboot, Remake, Regurgitate" :)

Yeah, I remember that movie... I can only pray that the Robocop Reboot would spark the interest or conversation that Prometheus did.

Well, if the conversations are going to be "Why would a cop run away from the sight of a dead drug dealer and later try to pet a crazed lunatic who's clearly wielding a knife in his hand?", I think we'd be better off.

Also, crime lords created all life on Earth and that skin they're wearing is a suit that reveals a very human looking person underneath.

And this one's for a special someone. Anne Lewis is a poor example of a strong female character because she does rough and tough things like the guys do even though no one bothers bringing up anyone's gender role.

Hating the new ED209, i agree, looks very Bay/Transformers. As for the Robo armor, some of the concepts look Evangelion/Ironman.
Skeptical at this point, yet another rehash, when there is no need for it.

lee

Well, if the conversations are going to be "Why would a cop run away from the sight of a dead drug dealer and later try to pet a crazed lunatic who's clearly wielding a knife in his hand?", I think we'd be better off.

:lol:lol:lol Touché!

Also, crime lords created all life on Earth and that skin they're wearing is a suit that reveals a very human looking person underneath.

Now, now. Some of us like the idea of our crime lord creators and some of us are ok with our crime lords not actually being bipedal elephants...

Also, Anne Lewis is a poor example of a strong female character because she does rough and tough things like the guys do even though no one bothers bringing up anyone's gender role.

:lol:lol:lol Again, nicely done, but I would argue that Anne Lewis makes for a more believable female character than Ripley any day, but not by a lot. It may appall you, but I'll still prefer Shaw as a strong female lead... wait... are you proving my point by dragging the Prometheus discuss into yet another thread? I think you are!;)

Hating the new ED209, i agree, looks very Bay/Transformers. As for the Robo armor, some of the concepts look Evangelion/Ironman.
Skeptical at this point, yet another rehash, when there is no need for it.

lee

Agreed. Why do they even need to have ED209? Come up with a cool new robot or anything for him to fight. Makes no sense.

Agreed. Why do they even need to have ED209? Come up with a cool new robot or anything for him to fight. Makes no sense.

Well, if it's a reboot, they definitely need ED-209...:cool

There are some flaws in this design, IMO, too shiny, has alot of sharp looking edges, very busy design...

I think they got the legs and weapons right.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back