Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

Better yet, Marty thought up the whole thing while he was accelerating to 88 mph when the Libyans were chasing him. The Delorean crashed and exploded into trillions of particles. Marty was instantly vaporized. The explosion then ignites the plutonium cache and causes a nuclear explosion which destroys California, and sends the whole Western hemisphere into nuclear winter. The jolt of the explosion also throws Earth's rotation off kilter, resulting in tectonic irregularities, causing thousands of volcanoes to form, destabilizing Earth's core, which weakens the magnetic field enough to allow the sun's radiation to penetrate, disintegrating the Earth. The Earth's debris is violently scattered into the solar system, striking the other planets, causing them to veer off their orbital trajectories, which then pulls them in toward the sun. Having absorbed too much mass, the sun goes supernova, destroying the Milky Way galaxy, which causes a singularity, which destroys the universe.

jacob-s-ladder-original.jpg

Better yet, Marty thought up the whole thing while he was accelerating to 88 mph when the Libyans were chasing him. The Delorean crashed and exploded into trillions of particles. Marty was instantly vaporized. The explosion then ignites the plutonium cache and causes a nuclear explosion which destroys California, and sends the whole Western hemisphere into nuclear winter. The jolt of the explosion also throws Earth's rotation off kilter, resulting in tectonic irregularities, causing thousands of volcanoes to form, destabilizing Earth's core, which weakens the magnetic field enough to allow the sun's radiation to penetrate, disintegrating the Earth. The Earth's debris is violently scattered into the solar system, striking the other planets, causing them to veer off their orbital trajectories, which then pulls them in toward the sun. Having absorbed too much mass, the sun goes supernova, destroying the Milky Way galaxy, which causes a singularity, which destroys the universe.

Which proves Doc's theory that time travel is dangerous lol.

Thought so. Except in Jacob's Ladder, the fantasy-before-death thing really happens; it isn't a ridiculous theory as with the previous comments.
You don't need to explain that. I already know. LOL.

It's just an allusion. I wasn't trying to argue that JL was a dream.

The film is about Jacobs literal decent into hell (Dante's Inferno) occurring as his body dies. I forget that some people think it's just imaginary. What makes it such an effective horror is that it is not a dream.

Then they should let his buttocks show through the armor too, since the car bomb blasted him from the front. His butt should be in pristine, show-ready condition.

back on topic, what if the hand is a covered prosthetic thing and not his real hand? Same as the OG Murphy and the face thing.

What would be the point? If it's a robot hand with fake skin why only do the one? The face at least makes sense to make him a little less intimidating to civilians (and to allow the actor to emote).

I get the feeling someone wanted to cash in on the popularity of Iron Man and thought, "Hey, how about Robocop? That's a guy in a robotic suit. Do we still own that? Why not make another one of those?" Do they care about the character or story of Robocop, or just what he resembles? I'm surprised there is not an arc reactor in his chest.

I get the feeling someone wanted to cash in on the popularity of Iron Man and thought, "Hey, how about Robocop? That's a guy in a robotic suit. Do we still own that? Why not make another one of those?" Do they care about the character or story of Robocop, or just what he resembles? I'm surprised there is not an arc reactor in his chest.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is, especially in terms of design (even with the opening faceplate). The problem is that Robocop isn't in a "robotic suit".. he IS a robot. (Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here, but still.. hehe).

Seriously, what would the percentage be, based on the original movie? I'd say at least 95% mechanical. The only thing left was his brain, presumably at least some of his spinal cord, and a little bit of his digestive system, maybe half a stomach and a few feet of intestine. One thing that occurred to me a while back, that never got brought up as far as I know, is; where is his brain? I think everyone assumes that it's in his head, but there's no reason for it to be there any more, and it's the least-protected part of his body now. I always figured it was in his chest, inside some insulated, super-protected casing, entirely self-contained, with only a bunch of wires and a few hoses connected to it.

Trust your feeling.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back