Movies you hate that everyone else likes

It did indeed.

besides, I liked it better when it was called pocahontas

and atlantis

and in japan when it was called nausicca.

And dances with wolves.

Etc. etc.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man 2
Transformers 2 and 3

I'm sure there are others but I have tried SO HARD to forget... ;)

Tim Burton HAS to be one of the most over rated guys out there. And find someone other than Johnny Depp, for God's sake. Jeez.

Agreed, I also find Tim Burton over rated. I hated (and I do mean HATED) his take on Wonka and the remake of Planet of the Apes. While I enjoyed the 89 Batman when it was released it has not held up well over time.

The only movie that he has made that I really enjoyed is Big Fish.

Any of the Bale Batman films, scrap that, any Batman film.
Man of Steel
Transformers Age of Extinction
Star Trek 2009
Star Trek Into Darkness

A Christmas Story.

Actually, "hate" is the wrong word.

I utterly despise and loathe every aspect of this movie with the fury of 10,000 supernovae.

Imagine a movie. This movie is an action/horror/romantic comedy. It is produced by Michael Bay, directed by Uwe Boll, and written by a mentally deficient monkey throwing its own feces at a bulletin board containing plot points from the 100 worst movies of all time. It stars Shia Labeouf, Kristen Stewart, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Denise Richards, Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Nicholas Cage, all of whom are required by the role to do a high-class British accent.

I would rather have this hypothetical film beamed into my brain 24/7 for the rest of my LIFE, than sit through ten minutes of A Christmas Story.

A Christmas Story.

Actually, "hate" is the wrong word.

I utterly despise and loathe every aspect of this movie with the fury of 10,000 supernovae.

Imagine a movie. This movie is an action/horror/romantic comedy. It is produced by Michael Bay, directed by Uwe Boll, and written by a mentally deficient monkey throwing its own feces at a bulletin board containing plot points from the 100 worst movies of all time. It stars Shia Labeouf, Kristen Stewart, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Denise Richards, Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Nicholas Cage, all of whom are required by the role to do a high-class British accent.

I would rather have this hypothetical film beamed into my brain 24/7 for the rest of my LIFE, than sit through ten minutes of A Christmas Story.
I'm not sure I dislike it quite that much, but I do consider it one of the worst movies I've ever seen and can't understand why so many people hold it in such high regard. At one time I thought it was simply that I couldn't relate to it because a) I didn't grow up in the 1940s, b) I grew up in southern California, so I've never had to deal with snow, snowsuits, and such, c) I've never wanted to own a BB gun, and d) my dad wasn't a moron. But I have friends my age that also grew up here in southern California and they like the movie, so I don't know what the answer is.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back