Star Trek Prop Collection Displays

kertratz

Sr Member
I realized that its been some time since I updated my video, so I thought I would post a slightly more updated one for you to enjoy. I didn't take the time to show all the blinkies, but I have pulled some things out of storage and rearranged a bit since the last video. Enjoy!

NEW VIDEO

Thanks Mr. Webber, I appreciate the feedback. You took the words right out of my mouth... It has always been important to me to present my props as if they were in a museum display. I have much more I would like to showcase, but I really hate the "cluttered collection" look. I would like to redo this video with more of the props "functioning" but this will do for now. The biggest change since the last video is the new shelves I put up behind the desk. I had originally intended them to be all for PADDs. i figured that I could display a big chunk of the PADD collection. The plan was to use two of the shelves for Dietrichs PADDs, one for Alexs PADDs, and one for my autographed PADDs. After I put the shelves up I realized that I didnt have enough of the little plastic plate stands. I figured in the mean time I would put all the cases up there, and after I did it just looked "right" and I didnt have the heart to take 'em down. Id still like to find a better way to display the PADDs though, because I dont like them sitting flat on the shelves piled up on each other.

I agree! Very nice collection! I especially like the the Mark VII tricorders and the various PADDs.

Very nicely displayed!

Sean

Nice video! lol, my shelves are much too crowded...

and mine are too empty!

Nice vid....and an even nicer collection!

EDIT:

On a side note, what are you using for the FC rifle stand? I am building one for myself
and have wondered what to use for a stand.

Last edited:
RKP, thats because you turned into a monster and bought too much nice stuff. I finally hopped on yourprops and took a look through your trek listings, looks like those tricorders came out great! I love your collection.

Endeav, the FC rifle on the top shelf is sitting on one of the HMS stands from Rodd.com. The rest of my stands were made years ago by the late great Darryl Hyde. Im not sure the material for the base, but its a simple black piece with two blocks. The support posts are screwed into the blocks, and are made from cut scrap shower door material. I know he had a hell of a time cutting the shower door stuff without it cracking, and even then it tended to crack if you screwed it into the blocks too tight. There is some black felt tape on the top of the posts to keep from scratching the props. if you like I can take some close up pics.

RKP, thats because you turned into a monster and bought too much nice stuff. I finally hopped on yourprops and took a look through your trek listings, looks like those tricorders came out great! I love your collection.

Endeav, the FC rifle on the top shelf is sitting on one of the HMS stands from Rodd.com. The rest of my stands were made years ago by the late great Darryl Hyde. Im not sure the material for the base, but its a simple black piece with two blocks. The support posts are screwed into the blocks, and are made from cut scrap shower door material. I know he had a hell of a time cutting the shower door stuff without it cracking, and even then it tended to crack if you screwed it into the blocks too tight. There is some black felt tape on the top of the posts to keep from scratching the props. if you like I can take some close up pics.

Yes please...

Too bad Rod.com doesn't sell the stand by itself...the rifle came from them, it would be nice if they offered the stand to those buying the rifle kit. It would also be nice if they would stock the sling....

Hey Dave,

Just an FYI, Rodd.com plans to start selling all of their display stands as individual items under the prop accessories section of their site starting this fall.

AWESOME Display and video.

I was wondering about the concept "riot gun" phaser attachment !!

Man that is a cool unique peice to any collection!

I saw the concept sketches. Can you show us some Digital pics of that prop?

Can you tell us where u got that one?

I have been looking for that one since i saw it on phasers.net but never knew anyone who owned one.

Gordon

Harada,

The riot phaser was built by another member here on the forum. I picked mine up years ago, but these havent been available for a long time now. Its more than just the attachment, the whole thing is a scratch build. Among other things, the phaser itself is sleeker and like on the concept drawing it has the setting adjustment buttons on the side. I also like that the ribs on the grip are larger, a good cross between the dust-buster and the cobra-head phasers. The riot attachment is held in place by magnets.

I intended to take some photos for you, but I seem to have misplaced my camera. I had it with me this past weekend for my mini-vacation, but it seems to have not made it home with me. Its either lost or left behind at my friends cottage in MI. Hopefully it will turn up soon, but in the meantime here are a few older pictures I already had.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Dave, this also means that ill have to dig up the camera before I can take close up pictures of those stands for you... Sorry.

Thank you so much for the reply. The photos are GREAT. If you find that camera some more detail shots of the concept phaser be AWESOME. There are so many rich details on the peice it is hard to take them all in. I have also been looking for the Voyager Compression Phaser Rifle. Some kits seem to have the thumb hole on the rear grip - others are solid. Some have the large top wedge end facing forward - and some face reverse. The one kit I saw in person weighed a ton and was very fragile resin. It is still one of my favorite phaser designs. Thanks for sharing the pics. PLEASE post more when you find that camera!!! Gordon

The compression rifle was seennon screen with the scope facing forward and backwards. There were some with the hand hold cut out and a few without. I like the configuration above best. I'm pissed, I keep losing things. Lost my favorite hat two weeks ago, my party sunglasses last week, and my camera this week. Sadly enough I want the hat and $5 sunglasses back more than the camera.

I am sorry you are having a tough week. Your week cannot be as bad as Charlie Sheen. : )

If you need more space on your display shelves for organization, I would be happy to adopt your Trek Compression Rifle. : )

Gordon

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back