Southern California Prop Party 10/7/06

Hey PH,
Last one of these things I did, I had to get a good table count. They will set up as many as you need. most displays took one table per person showing off goodies.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Army Scout @ Sep 13 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1319238[/snapback]</div>
most displays took one table per person showing off goodies.

[/b]

That's what I figure and will shoot for... Sounds good.

We're in the fron room this time -- slightly smaller, but we'll be set up well.

Although I very very rarely post to this board any more (restoring my Camaro is taking every extra cent I have - and you thought props were expensive? Try restoring an old car, you ain't seen _nothin'_...) I'll be there.

I am all about the BBQ. This is great.

I will be bringing a few pieces from my collection, nothing too crazy, just a few items.

:)

-Bryan

:confused: Is there still room to attend? I may be flying out to the LA for some business. Should space and time permit, I would like to try and make it out.

BBQ /w American appetizers sounds good to me :D

D&B has great food.

Go ahead and put me on the list.

I've got a new R2-D2 dome I'm finishing up which I can display. I've also got an R5-D4 dome.

I'm coming down for this....but with the currently situation at airports, I don't think I'll be bringing any weaponry. ;-)

Gary

Gary (glad you'll be there.) has a good point... No to sure how well weapon replicas would be received at a public restaurant... Problem is you guys are so damn good at what you do, no one will know there not real. ;)

Chris, any input on this?

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Sep 14 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]1320565[/snapback]</div>
Gary (glad you'll be there.) has a good point... No to sure how well weapon replicas would be received at a public restaurant... Problem is you guys are so damn good at what you do, no one will know there not real. ;)

Chris, any input on this?
[/b]

If we are in a private room...bring em. If public area, prob not :(

Chris

Does anyone want to create a logo for the event. Maybe something for name tags?

My thoughts were fairly simple -- perhaps "SoCal Prop Party" on the top and "Ocotober 7th, 2006" on the bottom, maybe in Star Wars font connected by the lines you always see runing around the perimeter...?

I dunno -- just a thought.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Sep 14 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1320572[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone want to create a logo for the event. Maybe something for name tags?

My thoughts were fairly simple -- perhaps "SoCal Prop Party" on the top and "Ocotober 7th, 2006" on the bottom, maybe in Star Wars font connected by the lines you always see runing around the perimeter...?

I dunno -- just a thought.
[/b]
Even though I can't attend, if someone creates a logo/badge like that, I'd be more than happy to make laminated badges with a clip for people to wear. I could either mail them up to you, or send them up with someone (Cenobyte?) who's going to be there.

If there's a confirmed guest list, I'd even be willing to spend the time to make personalized ones. Call it attendance by proxy on my part. :D

-Rick

Rick, that would be awesome. I was thinking about doing something like that but wasn't sure what direction to turn for the laminated element...

Well, I'm not exactly a graphic artist, but I threw this together real quick to get the ball rolling:

testlogo.gif

Something along these lines, maybe?

Pilot, that looks great. I'll get in touch with you later on it.

Guys I need to decide on the lunch buffet. I'd really like to do the BBQ, so I'd like to know if $25 is ok for everyone (otherwise it would be $20).

Please either post or PM an opinion. I need to finalize later today or toomorrow, so I may not get responses from everyone, but I do want some input from some folks.

Here are the two buffets I'm weighing... The additional $4.50 (making it $20 or $25 each) would be for tax, gratuity, and the room fee.

Corner Pocket Buffet Appetizer
Goldfingers served with chipotle-honey sauce Fresh vegetables with ranch dip
Four cheese pizza bites with basil pesto
Assorted cheeses with crackers
Bar Burgers
Tortilla chips with queso and fire-roasted salsa
$15.50 per person

Mesquite BBQ Buffet
BBQ chicken quarters
Slow smoked sliced beef brisket with barbecue sauce
Tortilla chips with queso and fire-roasted salsa
Hickory smoked beans
Corn-on-the-cob
Potato salad
Fresh baked rolls with butter
$19.50 per person

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back