Southern California Prop Party 10/7/06

So have we come to a consensus as to when?

Has interest been expressed in this prop party beyond the posts in this thread?

I would really like for this to happen, but for some of out of state guys we need to make some hotel arrangements ect. for the trip. Please dont take this as impatience, that is not the case.

-Bryan

<div class='quotetop'>(bbabich @ Aug 23 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]1305562[/snapback]</div>
So have we come to a consensus as to when?

Has interest been expressed in this prop party beyond the posts in this thread?

I would really like for this to happen, but for some of out of state guys we need to make some hotel arrangements ect. for the trip. Please dont take this as impatience, that is not the case.

-Bryan
[/b]

I think sometime in late September. Next step for me is to check with the restaurant.

No additional interest beyond the thread, save for one member. I may need to have the mods "Stick" this thread.

Kewl.. and thanks for including me Rob. :D

Sounds like fun. I am affraid that I may have to miss this one though due to pre-arranged travel. :cry The only time I will have for the remainder of this year will be about the last week of Oct. ... and only if nothing drastic happens that I would need to be diplomatic about abroad..lol. :eek Ya just never know anymore. ;) I will let ya know for sure when ya nail down the dates that appeal to the confirmed guys. :thumbsup

I am very honored that you would point me to this thread...thanks man. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Aug 2 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1292801[/snapback]</div>
Going back a few years we had at least two highly successful Prop Parties at the Irvine, CA Dave & Busters restaurant. They were orchestrated by a member who is not very active anymore, and I feel I am crazy enough to take on the task of making this happen once again.
[/b]

I may not be as active, but I am still as good lookin.

I would loce to attend and say hey to all the old timers :)

Chris

Ah okay, just saw the thread. To be consistent, they need to pick a date before the thread is stuck.

It seems the best way to get a prop party going is the get a quick, general idea of when most people can go, then set a solid day--don't let the issue wade, as people will never come to an agreement on what day is best. (just pick one and go for it) The sooner you pin a date, the better chance people will plan around it and show up.

i've never been to a prop party before, hell my first Con ever was early this year and i'm 31. sounds like an interesting time...

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. This thread sure caught my eye. :confused

It would be cool to make this, depending on when it ends up being.
B)

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>(synasp @ Aug 24 2006, 07:16 AM) [snapback]1306182[/snapback]</div>
Ah okay, just saw the thread. To be consistent, they need to pick a date before the thread is stuck.

It seems the best way to get a prop party going is the get a quick, general idea of when most people can go, then set a solid day--don't let the issue wade, as people will never come to an agreement on what day is best. (just pick one and go for it) The sooner you pin a date, the better chance people will plan around it and show up.
[/b]

Good advice. I'll get in contact with the restaurant in the next day or two and start narrowing things down.

Chris. Great to see you.

<div class='quotetop'>(jedichef @ Aug 24 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]1306188[/snapback]</div>
i've never been to a prop party before, hell my first Con ever was early this year and i'm 31. sounds like an interesting time...
[/b]

Hey good to see you here. If you end up attending the party let me know. It'd be cool to hang out again after meeting up at the Manhattan Beach mall last december when I sold you those BK Star Wars watches. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Aug 24 2006, 05:36 AM) [snapback]1306240[/snapback]</div>
Chris. Great to see you.
[/b]

Glad to be here :) Been real busy with my Firearms stuff. Ammo and firearms are more expensive than props.

But I am working on the BARC trooper project. Hope to have 10-15 BARC's are C4..

Chris

Hey guys help me out a bit...

So that my simpleton brain can better sort out the "Cool -- sounds like it would be fun" from the "I'm in for certain", would you guys please post "Confirmed" (even if you have already posted), and I'll start a list sort of like the JY interest threads)? "Confirmed" meaning you'll be there for sure and will be able to cover the $20 or so. Also state if you'll be bringing a guest.

Remember, we need a minimum of 20 and we're at about 15 not (unless folks bring companions), and I need to know by about NOON tomorrow (3:00 on the east coast).

Thanks guys. I'l start with Chris.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back