Drive angry

Larry Young

Master Member
Well, there sure are a lot of cool props in this. I especially liked the bullets with "Deus Velox Nex" on the side.

If you like 1970s drive-in-type movies, you'll love this. Nicholas Cage busts out of Hell in a stolen Buick Rivera to avenge the death of his daughter at the hands of a devil cult leader and save his infant grand-daughter from sacrific...e. Also, Amber Heard in a Southern accent and Daisy Dukes. In 3D.

It's like Christmas.

Fortunately, I don't know any pedophiles. :lol I admit that I idly thought about halfway through if the lead might not have been better cast, but this sort of B-movie actioner is right in his wheelhouse. I sort of couldn't think of anyone his age (which is important for the story) who would dip in. Clooney FROM DUSK TO DAWN-era might have worked, but now? Slim pickin's.

Hmm talk of pedophiles...I wonder where Guy Raz's sock puppet is these days. Anyhoo, I may just catch this one. I could use a good laugh.
daily_picdump_423_640_83.jpg

Amber Heard in a Southern accent and Daisy Dukes is the only reason I would see this. It's a shame that she's a lesbian. Everytime I see the preview and hear her say "Imma mess you up" I bust out laughing

What's with the sudden interest in 70 style B movies like they had at drive ins? You have this, the Planet terror double feature thing, hobo with a shotgun. It's like it's the hip thing now to fake not having a budget.

What's with the sudden interest in 70 style B movies like they had at drive ins? You have this, the Planet terror double feature thing, hobo with a shotgun. It's like it's the hip thing now to fake not having a budget.

Everyone who was a kid in the Seventies is making movies now. Did I send you a copy of The Black Diamond? When we did it as floppies, we got ****ty paper and faked the Flexographic press of the time and it cost more than a regular book. Sometimes a sparse look is expensive. :)

PM me your particulars again and I'll send you the monthlies. Number 3, I think, even has script in the back, so we can kill two birds with one stone. :)

I had no idea what this movie was about. From the commercials, all I knew was Nic Cage, fast cars, and a pretty girl. Then Tony Kornheiser was talking about it on his radio show, and his description of the devil-worship thing made me want to see it. "This may possibly be the worst movie of the year...In which we hear Nicolas Cage speak the immortal words, 'Give me the child'." Now I can't hear that line in the trailers without laughing.

I drove angry....

Alllll the way home after seeing Drive Angry... And I even got in free. I want my free time back!! :angry
What a sucktastic snafu of a movie. There wasnt evan a car chase other than about 9 seconds of running from the Police . WTH???
Save your money for more important things like taking it and lobbing it over a freeway interchange . (n)thumbsdown(n)thumbsdown

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back