movies you like that everyone else hates

Chasing Amy. I know of no one in my circle of friends that appreciates this one. Of course...I only really liked the first half of the film, but I still own it and have been known to pull it out and put it in:sleep

Tron
robocop 3
robocop tv movie trilogy
just about anything older than they are (my friends are 24-25 so everything old is lame to them lol).

The Number 23
Supernova
One Night Stand
Code Hunter
Johnny Mnemonic
Mean Guns
Evolution
The Immortals
Under Suspicion
Below
Wild Side (Donald Cammel's film, unrated U.S. cut, as it's the only one available IN the U.S., and the Director's Cut isn't)
Starship Troopers 2 (only because it has Sandrine Holt in it)
Domino
Brainscan
Basic Instinct
Basic Instinct 2
The General's Daughter
Catacombs
Laurel Canyon
Supercop 2 (I actually like this more than the first one)

I'm not sure they are movies people hate, but I've never met anyone else that's seen them unless I screen them for them. Two sci-fi favs offhand would be "Brainstorm" with Christopher Walken and Natalie Wood from nearly 30 years ago and the remake of "Solaris" with George Clooney for nearly 10 years ago.

It's also kinda weird that I've shown movies to friends who had avoided them because the advertising had put them off when they first came out and they had totally wrong ideas of what the films were about. "Fight Club" came up the other day with a friend who totally thought it was some sort of film strictly about street fighting thugs and gangs or something...

It's funny when people tell you about movies they have never seen that they hate and why...

Howard the Duck
The Wild, Wild West
Mallrats
Maximum Overdrive
Evolution

Edit: I didn't realize these were hated movies; I love 'em:
Bubba Ho-Tep
Cemetary Man

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back