Behind the Cosplay (secrets unveiled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate, I would like to thank you for coming forward. It took a lot of guts to do so, especially after defending Le so many times. I still find it funny that he pretty much fell off the face of the earth after that unfortunate business with the helmets. He hasn't been on Cosplay.com for a while and seems to stick to his Deviant art page to sell his wears.

I recall he said Marvel had sent him decals for his Warmachine, most likely another untruth.

I look forward to your next project.

thanks.... i wasnt sure of the reactions i'd get from posting it. He was a best friend since high school. And i did a lot of needless defending of him, getting infractions because of it. If i only knew more of his actions i would of stopped a lot of it, but he was very secretive about everything, even to me.

I dont know if anyone remembers, but before i joined the RPF he was posting pictures of my WIP of the war machine and Iron man helmets, claiming them as his work. I remember him getting mad at me when i did join and took claim of them. He argued i was part of master le studios, so he had a right to them. sounds funny when i look at it now, but that should've been my first warning sign. there isn't much i can do now that its in the past

Nate, just out of curiosity, but not intended to stir the pot, would you be here telling us this if Le did not rip you off?

Nate, just out of curiosity, but not intended to stir the pot, would you be here telling us this if Le did not rip you off?

thats a very good question, and to be honest I dont know. If Le never screwed me over I think things might of been different for everyone. That means he wouldve been honest with me from the get go and his greed wouldn't have taken over and none of this mess would've occured.

There are so many factors that had me start this thread. Mostly becasue i got angry a few nights ago when i found out he was still selling copies of my helmet, and i wanted a bit of revenge by telling his so called secret technique. I never had any problems with telling people how to do things if they inquire about it. It was hard to write it down for those to read. like i said before he was my best friend and asked me not say anything. and having that relationship for so long, i couldnt just despise him over night.

thats a very good question, and to be honest I dont know. If Le never screwed me over I think things might of been different for everyone. That means he wouldve been honest with me from the get go and his greed wouldn't have taken over and none of this mess would've occured.

There are so many factors that had me start this thread. Mostly becasue i got angry a few nights ago when i found out he was still selling copies of my helmet, and i wanted a bit of revenge by telling his so called secret technique. I never had any problems with telling people how to do things if they inquire about it. It was hard to write it down for those to read. like i said before he was my best friend and asked me not say anything. and having that relationship for so long, i couldnt just despise him over night.
The problem comes in, at least to me, that you knew the product that was being shipped out was shoddy at best and deplorably bad at worst. You kind of stood by and let him take people for a ride. If I am mistaken, please say so, but in the interest of this new honest leaf you are turning over, perhaps you should let folks know.

Like I said, everyone deserves a second chance, but you WERE a huge part in people getting sub-par craftsmanship, if I am reading you correctly. You guys were business partners, or some such. Starting over means just that. You have to empty out the skeletons from the closet.

The problem comes in, at least to me, that you knew the product that was being shipped out was shoddy at best and deplorably bad at worst. You kind of stood by and let him take people for a ride. If I am mistaken, please say so, but in the interest of this new honest leaf you are turning over, perhaps you should let folks know.

Like I said, everyone deserves a second chance, but you WERE a huge part in people getting sub-par craftsmanship, if I am reading you correctly. You guys were business partners, or some such. Starting over means just that. You have to empty out the skeletons from the closet.

I didnt find out his bad dealing till after the fact. He was secretive about everything, and kept me in the dark when it came to the business aspects and told me to trust him. Dont get me wrong i did know some things, but not about bad quality products. He sold to people i didnt know about and tried to rush the product so i wouldnt find out and he'd keep the full amount for himself. I found all this out after two people complained and i got a PM from one of them. I did ask him, and he got mad and started an arguement with me. He was telling me they already paid for it. I was sucked in to something that i had no clue was going on. i was saying just send them a replacement like they asked. I even bought him the resin to do so. he shut me out and went to comic con and left me with no molds and two serious situations. I was barely making rent at the time and these guys were wanting full refunds with the lack of communication.

I cant excuse any of it. i know I should of tried harder, or taken more of the partnership into my own hands, and i could of stopped it. Im sorry to all those I let him hurt.

. I'm sick of seeing people ripping on this guy. I don't know about his buying/selling practices,

the guy you hate seeing people "ripping on", led his own self to this. No one else.

Untitled-1.jpg

I cant excuse any of it. i know I should of tried harder, or taken more of the partnership into my own hands, and i could of stopped it. Im sorry to all those I let him hurt.
I don't know what happened, nor this other guy, but I do know that people are flawed and are not always aware of the disaster other people are steering them towards... and it's many times first after the fact that it dawns on them what happened. That they were taken on a ride themselves and that they should have seen the signs - even the abundance of signs - and done something about it then.

It takes a lot to come out and say you were wrong. Good people are often taken advantage of by more unscrupulous characters. Seems this was the case here. They tarnish others with their actions and leaves them to pick up the pieces. They don't care about their reputation or who they hurt in the process.

Never stop creating. Don't let bad experiences kill your art. You may struggle with the consequences of what happened in the past... but if you stay true, you may overcome them.

Being a member from colorado myself ... it is nice to see someone step forward and own up to somethng that they may have been ashamed of or embarrassed by ... I tip my hat to you and want to say taht you have earned some respect from me for doing so ... it shows honor and pride in yourself ... I live here in denver and if you ever want to talk about projects I would be interested let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back