Behind the Cosplay (secrets unveiled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomProphet

I know we aren't suppose to talk about a certain former RPF member. Sad to say I was involved with this person while he did bad dealings to members here. but thats not why im writing this.

I want to let everyone know his supposed secret to costume making. It is now known as the rubbermaid technique, but I confirm that all of His suits were Trash can based. A little above rubbermaid brand quality, but trash can non the less. He called it "high impact urethane" I call it $10 trash can from wal-mart. . . And wal-mart is where we got the trashcans to build his rivet littered suits. He was so afraid people would figure him out, and when they did he lied and got angry.

So everyone knows I'm not trying to start drama, merely give a creative perspective.... It cost him no more than a $100 dollars to make a suit, and thats including the resin to mold the helmet. Helmets i sculpted by the way. There was no special plastic dealer, just trash cans and rivets and a lot, i mean a lot of free time in his brothers basement.

I might get in trouble for this next part...

what baffles most of us is he won awards at starfest, comic con, and was in magazines with a LED lit trash can. What few dont know is he made a cosplay no no. Back when hollywood blvd had its characters posing for tips, he was out there doing the same. not only in hollywood but vegas as well. tried doing it in downtown denver but people laughed at him.... and he said he goes to hospitals to cheer up kids. He did that once back in 2008 after the first Iron man came out.

Im Gonna end this with dont buy his products, he's ripping you off, and the helmet molds he has are stolen, and not his to use. good day :)

Yeah you wont find many fans of him around.
as for "cosplay no no's" it's HIS costume, he can ***** himself out on the street if he wants wearing it, i don't consider it any more taboo than improper replacement of your entire fabric choice of costume with satin.
it's stupid and looks dumb, but you can still do it.

The only thing that grinds my gears about him would be that he was seen by a good few people going around with his warmachine suit on friday at comic con, which he wore to the masq on Saturday.
which breaks the rules of the masq.
sadly it's hard to catch after the fact.

...so do you have the same feelings about the guys at the Dented Helmet forums who use trash cans to build their armor? I don't see the big deal. Maybe I'm just blind. I'm sick of seeing people ripping on this guy. I don't know about his buying/selling practices, but I see nothing wrong with how he makes armor. If someone wants to buy it for the price he's asking, why shouldn't they? If you are "not trying to start drama", why post this when there are several similar threads/posts saying the same thing?

...so do you have the same feelings about the guys at the Dented Helmet forums who use trash cans to build their armor? I don't see the big deal. Maybe I'm just blind. I'm sick of seeing people ripping on this guy. I don't know about his buying/selling practices, but I see nothing wrong with how he makes armor. If someone wants to buy it for the price he's asking, why shouldn't they? If you are "not trying to start drama", why post this when there are several similar threads/posts saying the same thing?
Yeah, you're kind of missing the point. I don't think anyone here will say they have issues with the "Rubbermaid Technique". How could they; it's a valid, inexpensive, & creative process that yields some pretty respectable results.

The problem is that he got hella-angry, with huffing & puffing & giant bolded fonts & CAPS with exclamation points!!!!!!1 saying HIS "high impact urethane plastic" came from a top secret supplier that he would NEVER divulge, & HOW DARE anyone infer that he was using mere trashcans for his omg popular-science-featured suit.

And I'm pretty sure he made off with several people's money...

PhantomProphet is just confirming what everybody suspected to begin with. It brought a smile to MY face... *shrugs*

Personally i'd use the trash can technique, especially for armor that is curved. It was how he did things that got folks on him. And from the threads I've seen he made of with a buttload of money.

If you are "not trying to start drama", why post this when there are several similar threads/posts saying the same thing?

Well, seeing as how that was posted at 2 in the morning, and PP was a friend of the guy, knowing human nature as I do, Prophet was probably going over how he defended the dude and got kicked to the curb and his helmet stolen too for his trouble.

What's the Internet for if not to vent in the middle of the night to folks who share some of your interests?

This is a weird about face, PP. I am not saying your rep is ruined since you were so closely tied with Le, but it was tarnished a bit in some member's eyes. It took you this long to come around and out of the Le camp. Everyone knew what he was using a few views in. Everyone deserves a second chance though, so, don't squander yours.

There is no longer a rule in regards to speaking about banned members, so you can feel free to enlighten the masses on who to avoid. The membership here is much smarter than you guys initially gave credit for. Upon closer inspection and better pics, it was obvious his workmanship was shoddy, but he hit fast and put his name out there.

Ah well. I am glad you rode it out with us here and unhooked yourself from that cancerous fellow. I think you guys have a lot to offer around here.

Ahh 2AM drunk posting nothing like it. lol
Dung there's no defending this guy, I mean he screwed his best friend over on the whole deal. ;)

Well, seeing as how that was posted at 2 in the morning, and PP was a friend of the guy, knowing human nature as I do, Prophet was probably going over how he defended the dude and got kicked to the curb and his helmet stolen too for his trouble.

What's the Internet for if not to vent in the middle of the night to folks who share some of your interests?

I used copies of Seattles "The Stranger" alt-weekly to make a paper mache mask. So basically I was wearing on my face something that mostly consisted of ads for transgendered prostitution. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wait, what is this thread about?

Locked in 3...2.....1......

I know we aren't suppose to talk about a certain former RPF member. Sad to say I was involved with this person while he did bad dealings to members here. but thats not why im writing this.

I want to let everyone know his supposed secret to costume making. It is now known as the rubbermaid technique, but I confirm that all of His suits were Trash can based. A little above rubbermaid brand quality, but trash can non the less. He called it "high impact urethane" I call it $10 trash can from wal-mart. . . And wal-mart is where we got the trashcans to build his rivet littered suits. He was so afraid people would figure him out, and when they did he lied and got angry.

So everyone knows I'm not trying to start drama, merely give a creative perspective.... It cost him no more than a $100 dollars to make a suit, and thats including the resin to mold the helmet. Helmets i sculpted by the way. There was no special plastic dealer, just trash cans and rivets and a lot, i mean a lot of free time in his brothers basement.

I might get in trouble for this next part...

what baffles most of us is he won awards at starfest, comic con, and was in magazines with a LED lit trash can. What few dont know is he made a cosplay no no. Back when hollywood blvd had its characters posing for tips, he was out there doing the same. not only in hollywood but vegas as well. tried doing it in downtown denver but people laughed at him.... and he said he goes to hospitals to cheer up kids. He did that once back in 2008 after the first Iron man came out.

Im Gonna end this with dont buy his products, he's ripping you off, and the helmet molds he has are stolen, and not his to use. good day :)

:cheers
Thanks for stepping out with this.

BTW, your helmet was WAY better than that armor ;)

Well I think if anyone has a right to post about this, I do. Was partnered with him through his dealings. And bad deals he gave to more than one. I'm not ripping on the method, cause I know quite a few have adopted the thrash can method. I'm just telling the truth behind the lies, to his followers, his friends, and his buyers. I wasn't trying to start drama at all, its something I needed to let off my chest, and I knew if anyone would be willing to listen its those here at the rpf. And the story from his former right hand man hasn't been told, and to keep it on costume topic I gave quick info about where to purchase high impact urethane

To everyone else that posted, I would like to say thank you for your thoughts, and surprisingly your support. I know it brought a smile to some of you to hear your thoughts confirmed. Sucks I have to be the biggest one to be effected by this, but I'm glad I said what I said. thanks again for reading my post

To everyone else that posted, I would like to say thank you for your thoughts, and surprisingly your support. I know it brought a smile to some of you to hear your thoughts confirmed. Sucks I have to be the biggest one to be effected by this, but I'm glad I said what I said. thanks again for reading my post

will all this effect you continuing to create stuff?? your helmets are awesome the whole semi wider eyes made them stand out.

will all this effect you continuing to create stuff?? your helmets are awesome the whole semi wider eyes made them stand out.

I never stopped creating... im an artist, its what i do. been sticking to photography lately but i sure would like to create something for the RPF again... any suggestions?

thors coming up and alot of people are going gaga for the helmet which is awesome but lokis and odin looked wwwwaay cooler.

thors coming up and alot of people are going gaga for the helmet which is awesome but lokis and odin looked wwwwaay cooler.

I thought about doing a thor helm, but I don't wanna rain on milehighavenger's parade. He has a nice start to his and I'm curious to see how that turns out. But if I were to do a lokis helm to complement his that would be cool.

that would be VERY cool

or you can try out a starlord hahaha my next project is probably gonna be starlord and i dont know how to go about doing it.

but i dont want to completly derail im glad you left that all behind a major factor on how a person is veiwed is by the company they keep

that would be VERY cool

or you can try out a starlord hahaha my next project is probably gonna be starlord and i dont know how to go about doing it.

but i dont want to completly derail im glad you left that all behind a major factor on how a person is veiwed is by the company they keep

i wouldnt say its too derailed... we all would love to Nate aka phantomprophet make something cool. he helped inspire me to do what im doing

Nate, I would like to thank you for coming forward. It took a lot of guts to do so, especially after defending Le so many times. I still find it funny that he pretty much fell off the face of the earth after that unfortunate business with the helmets. He hasn't been on Cosplay.com for a while and seems to stick to his Deviant art page to sell his wears.

I recall he said Marvel had sent him decals for his Warmachine, most likely another untruth.

I look forward to your next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back