Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Try posting it there after identification. They almost always find correct fonts.

By the way, have you been able to track down an original map from the background? I have seen that ship illustration somewhere before though.

Hi, Mooniteman!

When you say that you succeeded in getting back most of the bugs, you mean what? Because, me, I did not reach there ever?!

Thanks,

Follows

Last edited by a moderator:
Follows These bugs were originally found in some old book/encyclopedia. Dover Publications did source these illustrations and published them in one of their reference books. That's how MinaLima got to use it on original cover. They just thought that they would work quite well on graphic they were going to design.

Moonitenan had luck and found original book/encyclopedia online.

Frames used on covers were also found illustrations but I am still looking for them. I might end up buying one of Dover books with frames. They might have used one of them.
Mooniteman Please, keep us updated! I love Lockhart book covers! I have few of them in works as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try posting it there after identification. They almost always find correct fonts.

By the way, have you been able to track down an original map from the background? I have seen that ship illustration somewhere before though.

I can't find the original Map, but I found an HD photo of the cover from one of the sitea that sells a print of the cover and if turns out that nearly all of the pieces I needed for the front & back were encapsulated in that Image.

Here is that:
P48_Travels_with_Trolls_detail__44232.1441980685.1280.1280.jpg

FOUND THE FONT!!!! Luciano Thin !
Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 11.00.21 AM.png

Hi, @Mooniteman!

When you say that you succeeded in getting back most of the bugs, you mean what? Because, me, I did not reach there ever?!

Thanks,

Follows

I found 99% of them in this Book. I actually just scanned it again and found a few more that I needed! I should have them all very soon.

yhst-137970348157658_2431_131798304.jpg

Most of the bugs are found on this page:
$_57.JPGIconographic_Encyclopedia_of_Science,_Literature_and_Art_096.jpg
Iconographic_Encyclopedia_of_Science,_Literature_and_Art_098.jpg

@Follows These bugs were originally found in some old book/encyclopedia. Dover Publications did source these illustrations and published them in one of their reference books. That's how MinaLima got to use it on original cover. They just thought that they would work quite well on graphic they were going to design.

Moonitenan had luck and found original book/encyclopedia online.

Frames used on covers were also found illustrations but I am still looking for them. I might end up buying one of Dover books with frames. They might have used one of them.
@Mooniteman Please, keep us updated! I love Lockhart book covers! I have few of them in works as well.

There are a TON of other things in this book - really worth a look. The illustrations for Year with a Yeti are in here too. A really great find.

Last edited:
Yes!!! That's what I was talking about! It is a Dover book! Thanks a lot for name! Will totally purchase it and get some illustrations for my projects!
I will definitely try to help you identify these bugs!

I am working on these projects at the moment:
•Daily Prophet Project (long-term one)

•Quibbler - Spectrespecs issue with all pages

•these Lockhart books - "Who Am I?", "Magical Me", "Break with a Banshee" and "Travel with Trolls"
I plan to make Lockhart books readable - all books will have about 30 repeated pages with an exception of "Who Am I?" as it's a book that I want to make fully readable (I'm on 57 page right now).

•Advanced Potion-Making

•Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book (might post some stuff fairly soon)

•a lot of other franchises stuff - mostly LOTR, Game of Thrones, Indiana Jones and Star Wars

EXTREMELY proud of how this turned out. Heck - I don't even like this prop - I'm making it for a friend. I put a lot of time & obsession into it & It turned out quite accurate me thinks!

Font turned out to be: Luciano Thin

Leather pattern is found here: http://previews.123rf.com/images/na...20/30415084-Texture-reptiles-Stock-Vector.jpg Had to tile it, didn't care if I tiled it exactly. It was darn near close enough:

30415084-Texture-reptiles-Stock-Vector-1.jpg

The Frame is called a "Dresden Embossed Gold frame" TURNS OUT that for the cover they turned this sucker on it's side, cut it in half and used 2 to make it bigger! What a discovery that was! (only took an hour of my life!)

You can find them around the net - they are made in Germany and are pretty damn rare. Here are some isolated pics:

il_570xN.987584714_pgk9-1.jpgil_570xN.433952858_xluf.jpgGold_Dresden_Frame_8b20bdd0-4770-413e-b858-cc23297b587f-1.jpg

(I didn't include the Flourish & Botts sticker because I have some printed separately.)

UPDATED: the finished product is a few posts down:

Attachments

• Magical Me4.jpg
    Magical Me4.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 350
  • $_57-3.JPG
    $_57-3.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 300
  • Magical Me 5.jpg
    Magical Me 5.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Nearly there! Found nearly every bug, but gave up on the two mentioned above. Wish there were better pictures of the spine or back out there! Anyone got any?

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 1.17.34 AM.png

Also finished and Printed out 5 other books. Will post them soon!

@Mooniteman, WOW, your have done an amazing job with those lockhart books. as a lockhart fan, i absolutely love them.

as for the reference for the guide to household pests, i have one picture but not a clear one. maybe somebody else has got a better resolution.

gilderoy lockhart's guide to household pests back.jpg

thanks for sharing your work with us :)

@Mooniteman, WOW, your have done an amazing job with those lockhart books. as a lockhart fan, i absolutely love them.

as for the reference for the guide to household pests, i have one picture but not a clear one. maybe somebody else has got a better resolution.

View attachment 650041

thanks for sharing your work with us :)

Thank you! Busted my butt to get these together in the last few days.

Here are the High rez versions I made to be printed over books I had that had a cover that was 17cm wide by 25 tall & with a 4 cm spine.

Please feel free to print and use however you like! There is also about 2 centimeters on each side to allow you to fold it inside the book a small bit.

Travels_trolls_Print.jpg
Magical_Me_Print.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Mooniteman,

Would it be imposed too much if I asked you have even replicas without texts? To being able to do even things in other languages? I ask only ^^

Thanks,

Follows

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back