Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

In no way is this completely my own creation, but using MinaLima's original image along with the bottom tabs from ECL's design and the top and side tabs from LittleFallingStar's design, I put together a ready-to-assemble version of the Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans box. I printed mine on some cardstock and glued together along with some clear plastic film for the windows. A great easy way for prop newbies, like myself, to make a nice-looking replica.
Bertie Bott's Box.jpgIMG_0411.JPGIMG_0412.JPGIMG_0413.JPG

Very cool! I was thinking about doing a version with the pointed feet after seeing them in new references and on Minalima's image. Nice work!

Thanks ECL, I appreciate the compliment. I loved how the bottom tabs of your version had the Honeydukes label and just HAD to incorporate that. Since I'm going to Universal's Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in a couple of months I figured that to save a little money, and to make sure they're more screen accurate, I'd try to create some props ahead of time so I spend my money on things I can't replicate.

I'm thinking of trying to recreate the Chocolate Frog box next, but I'm running into the same problem you had with not being able to easily get my hands on the star-embossed gold foil for the inside. It won't exactly be SA, but I'm considering just printing it out on the back of some gold metallic scrapbooking paper so it'll at least be close to the real thing.

Also, not a prop I'd show off in this thread, I'm thinking of making a cast from a 3D printed golden snitch and then making a cold-cast of a metallic snitch. I've never done any casting yet, but it seems like a good item to start with. Depending on how it turns out I might even try to make a run of them, or just make a few bouncing golden snitches out of rubber for the fun of it.

a438980

LOL amazing timing. I've been working on a Bertie Botts box for a while now. The chocolate frog box is proving difficult for me though mainly becuase the graphics are quite complex. The foil paper has been found before and I'll include the link for that below. Now if anyone has the castle pic on the back of the Chocolate frog card...I'll take it. :)

Ali B.

This isn't perfect but it's certainly darn close to the gold star embossed paper. Someone else put it up in another thread on this site but I don't remember which thread, sorry.

http://www.modulor.de/shop/oxid.php/sid/x/shp/oxbaseshop/cl/details/cnid/DMB/anid/DMBE/lang/1

kyliesmiley16 - I've seen prices with Galleons written on Weasley price lists and orders. they are written as Galleons - Sickles - Knuts, so 6 - 10 - 10 would be 6 Galleons, 10 sickles, 10 knuts. I've also found weasley price tags with the symbols, Galleon is written large with sickles and knuts smaller next to it- it's on the front page of this thread, near the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ali,
Thanks for the link, but I tried contacting them and their answer was basically "We are sending from time to time overseas (USA or Canada) but for a minimum order of about 600 € (660 US$)". Although I'd prefer a screen accurate chocolate frog box, I don't want it bad enough to spend that kind of money. I'll probably just go to a few craft stores and try to figure out which scrapbooking paper would look best.

After I finished my original Bertie Botts box, I saw some images of the props on display and noticed that they have red tassels hanging from the top.
imgp0253_197861950.jpg

I modified the one I had made, but it would have been much easier if I had attached it before putting it all together. Now I just need to figure out how to make some light fake jelly beans to put inside it.

@kyliesmiley16 - I've seen prices with Galleons written on Weasley price lists and orders. they are written as Galleons - Sickles - Knuts, so 6 - 10 - 10 would be 6 Galleons, 10 sickles, 10 knuts. I've also found weasley price tags with the symbols, Galleon is written large with sickles and knuts smaller next to it- it's on the front page of this thread, near the top.

Ooops, I had been looking at other Weasley price tags but not those ones. Thanks, I knew I'd seen it somewhere! :D

Hello,

Thought I'd share what I've been working on lately. The frame took me the best part of a week to replicate using vectors (current file size for the frame alone is 8.2MB).

Background images are what I found online (quite grainy), but after tracking down the originals I've since ordered the prints for some high rez scans :). Also foreground foliage is missing in this preview.

Will source fonts at a later stage. Any feedback would be boss:
Yeti-Pic_zpski2aspiu.png

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can help me with this....wqw.png I want to download things that are in this method, but I dont Know how to get an account or a name and password... Someone who wants to help me.

Hi guys, someone has the complete image of "Gilderoy's Lockhartz Britain's best Dressed Wizard" certificate? all images i found are less the top..
Thanks

Thanks LorduDesign... i continue to hope that someone want to share it...
People of the forum, i passed last two weeks watching every single page looking for prop to replicate/print...why don't create a single page of index of all completed items like the first one?
Have a good monday!:)

This may have been shared before, but while looking for images and videos of the Marauder's Map for reference, I stumbled upon this video of a MinaLima design presentation at "A Celebration of Harry Potter". Great images of props and designs they did.[/h]

Hello guys !!!

First of all sorry for my bad English :wacko

I studied at school many years ago and the memories are so far :behave

I'm new here in this fantastic thread (and website)

I looked quickly the back post but I think I will devote much time to look at every single post of this thread - I've seen things really fantastic and for an Harry Potter fan like me ... well ... it's like being in paradise !!! :love

I'm not a graphic (unfortunately) so I can help as I can perhaps with some scan (although I think you have really all here) or anything found on the net

But I like to experiment, cut, paste and create so I can give my contribution to realizing some object :lol

and if you'll be pleased I can show you the result

Stop talking otherwise you get bored

Thanks for sharing all this I hope to give my contribution one day

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back