Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I think someone was asking about the Instant Darkness Powder label awhile back, don't know if this is the one they were looking for but I was going to post it anyway so here ya go.

Instant Darkness Powder bfd.jpg

bfd

Attachments

• Instant Darkness Powder bfd.pdf
    149.8 KB · Views: 292
@sonicfreak04; thank you so much for sharing it. it is also a wonderful version of it :)

@bfd; thank you for the label barney. it looks absolutely perfect!

once i have found a prop about it. i think this label is on a paper bag. i share the pictures i have here:

Weasley Product - Instant Powder Bag.JPGweasley product set 1.jpgweasley product set 2.jpg

Hooray! Thank you Barney! I was looking last week. That looks like your own creation, yes? It looks good.

It looks like in the movie it is maybe sold in bulk, like spices at a farmers' market. From what I could tell, it was a box full of black powder on that shelf where the big black hole is in the picture Norbert posted. Does anyone have other information or ideas? I thought about putting it in a jar or a small box.

I would love to know what kind of rock is used for Instant Darkness Powder. Ive asked so many rock collectors and scientist and they have no idea. So here is a close of of Instant Darkness Powder from the picture above as seen in the movie just before harry picks it up

I am still looking forward and can't wait for the gringotts signs

Peruvian_Instant_Darkness_Powder_display_in_WWW_shop.JPG

Great discussion on the Instant Darkness Powder. This label is not my original creation, it is a prop label created for a Weasley Wheezes product display.

As near as i can figure out, it starts out as blackrocks that have to get ground up into powder. So my idea was to put some black sand into one of those old blue glass Noxema or Vicks vapo rub jars.

il_570xN.115479169.jpg
il_340x270.628371168_27je.jpg

I see them all the time at flea markets and vintage stores for a buck or two. Remove the label and paint the lid black, and voila - one Instant Darkness Powder jar. With the colorful label on it it would look great.

I'm sure there are all kinds of other uniquely shaped colored glass jars that would be great as well.

bfd

ps Gringotts signs just about done.

Last edited:
What, I'm gone for like two weeks and there's so much goin' on here! I can't believe all the props that have just 'magically' appeared while I was gone. Didn't get a single email that the forum had been updated though. Weird.

Anyway, I'm going to take a few photos of bfd's amazing Moste potente potions-book I printed out and assembled! I love it!

Good idea, Barney. I'm going to the Wizarding World in December, so I'll see if I can get a closer look or a zoomed in picture. I was hoping to finish this by then, but I can wait. I like the black sand idea. I was thinking of using poppy seeds mixed with black glitter, then layer in a little green and blue glitter.

Hi bfd,

I like the noxema/vapoRub bottle idea!!! I LOVE the blue color of the jars :) Wow, does anyone remember Noxema?? Just looking at that bottle I can still smell it LOL. I guess I am really dating myself with that one LOL. I wonder if they still make it??

Boy oh boy do I remember noxema...lol. my mom used it all the time as a night cream and on all my sunburns when I was little. I still remember the menthol, champhor smell very well indeed. They still sell it but I think it comes in plastic jars.

bfd

Notebooks have come up several times recently, and I know that Barney has provided cleaned up versions. I had already started on this one and thought I may as well finish it. It is completely recreated, so it should pretty cleanly. This is Harry's notebook, but without his name on it so you can write your own. It does not match exactly the ones from Barney or the samples on the Mina Lima website. I took this slightly different pattern from the inside cover of the Film Wizardry book (or was it Page to Screen?) Anyway, this file is sized to fit a standard composition book at approximately 6.5x9.75 inches and once trimmed down should sit next to the black strip on the binding edge. Thanks to Barney's sample, I was able to get really close to the right font, if not exactly.

Notebook-Cover.jpg Notebook-Back.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back