Lost action figures

gusw666

Hey there guys, i saw somewere arround the Charlie action figure, well, here we have them all now.

Im amazed with the quality, but coming from Mcfarlane i understand the quality.

CClostlocke.jpg

CClostkate.jpg

CClostjack.jpg

CClosthurley.jpg

CClostshannon.jpg

CClostdiorama.jpg

I WANT THEM NOW.....................................

Cya

Gus

Don't these come with little props too?
I remember reading that here before. Kate comes with the toy plane etc..

Those photos are of the oversize prototype figures. I assume the real ones will be more like 7-8 inches tall (standrad McFarlane scale).

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Aug 1 2006, 06:40 AM) [snapback]1291637[/snapback]</div>
Incredible sculpts.
[/b]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McFarlane is using laser scanning Technology - ;)

They try to keep it under wraps, but somebody well known in the Toy Business
leaked some secret infos at the last Toy Fair here in Germany.

Not ALL Mcfarlane Stuff is scanned - but a lot of their heads are ... :(

I was also disappointed when I learned about that ...

<div class='quotetop'>(JRX @ Aug 1 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1291666[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Aug 1 2006, 06:40 AM) [snapback]1291637[/snapback]
Incredible sculpts.
[/b]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but McFarlane is using laser scanning Technology - ;)

They try to keep it under wraps, but somebody well known in the Toy Business
leaked some secret infos at the last Toy Fair here in Germany.

Not ALL Mcfarlane Stuff is scanned - but a lot of their heads are ... :(

I was also disappointed when I learned about that ...
[/b][/quote]

What's wrong with that? If it provides better results, I'm all for it. And there is always sculpting involved. The sculpt "printer" doesn't provide a complete perfect looking specimen.

Oh and I posted about this a while ago.

The figures look great, especially the Hatch diorama. Does anybody know the price point for these at all? And when will these be released?

I'd imagine they would be in the neighborhood of other McF figures of similar size, around $12.99?
Maybe more since they are to include prop replicas of small items associated with them.
And I think it was announced they would be released around November.

<div class='quotetop'>(Scarecrow @ Aug 1 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1291730[/snapback]</div>
What's wrong with that? If it provides better results, I'm all for it. And there is always sculpting involved. The sculpt "printer" doesn't provide a complete perfect looking specimen.
[/b]

Nothing wrong with that, scans provide a good basis for a talented sculptor to detail the hell out of a Head,
but the big M is trying to pass all his stuff off as handsculpted by the best in the business - and that's just
not true. A sculptor who has to sit down and sculpt a likeness from scratch has a lot more difficultees to
face than a sculptor who is given a - let's call it rough - sculpt with all the correct facial dimensions and only
has to work the details out of it again.

I was a big McFarlane collector once, and impressed by the big talent and product the companies sculptors
put out year after year. But involving a laser scanner and passing it off as handsculpted makes me just feel
betrayed - not by the product wich looks great, but I'm not gonna respect a scanned headsculpt the same
way that I respect a handsculpted likeness, simply because much more effort has to go into this.

If it is scanned, I want to be told that it is scanned before I worship another sculptor for a work he hasn't
done completely on his own, but with the help of a machine - that's cheating to me.

These Figures look impressive and very great, and I will pretty surely even buy them, but I just don't have
the same respect for the likeness sculpts anymore - that's my point - I don't want to be lied to.

<div class='quotetop'>(JRX @ Aug 1 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1291809[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Scarecrow @ Aug 1 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1291730[/snapback]
[/b]

Nothing wrong with that, scans provide a good basis for a talented sculptor to detail the hell out of a Head,
but the big M is trying to pass all his stuff off as handsculpted by the best in the business - and that's just
not true. A sculptor who has to sit down and sculpt a likeness from scratch has a lot more difficultees to
face than a sculptor who is given a - let's call it rough - sculpt with all the correct facial dimensions and only
has to work the details out of it again.

I was a big McFarlane collector once, and impressed by the big talent and product the companies sculptors
put out year after year. But involving a laser scanner and passing it off as handsculpted makes me just feel
betrayed - not by the product wich looks great, but I'm not gonna respect a scanned headsculpt the same
way that I respect a handsculpted likeness, simply because much more effort has to go into this.

If it is scanned, I want to be told that it is scanned before I worship another sculptor for a work he hasn't
done completely on his own, but with the help of a machine - that's cheating to me.

These Figures look impressive and very great, and I will pretty surely even buy them, but I just don't have
the same respect for the likeness sculpts anymore - that's my point - I don't want to be lied to.
[/b][/quote]

I totally agree.
You can say I am a romantic, but I started sculpting props as an artistic work. Scaned figures are great but In my opinion there is not needed talent behind.
To get the accurate proportions of a figure is more than half way to final project.
I think that to have an excellent product finished at the same time it is a great movie or TV success demands a speed that only technology or too many hands can provide.
I don't want to argue, it is only my opinion.

Southreplicas

How can these be called 'action' figures anymore? Little plastic statues is more like it. :lol

I just want to display them, I don't want to play with these statues ;)
And if they are using a laser scan to achieve this result on their faces, I don't care about this "sculpting/scanning" issues, I still prefer an identical face scanned instead of a decent face sculpted (BTW the McFarlane sculptors are really talented, I have some of their older pieces and they are great.) and I'm sure that the bodies and clothes are sculpted...
Oh, well... I want to buy the entire collection now. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back