BattleStar Galactica Viper Mk.II

Hunt270

Hey guys, this is my first build for a while and one where im actually focused on doing it right. here are some pics of work i did earlier today.
DSC08802.jpg

this is what I got

DSC08803.jpg

What i have painted, its the main cockpit and side panels

DSC08804.jpg

this is the bottom, i decided to go with the inflight version so i had to glue the landing gear hatches in.

DSC08805.jpg

My collection of awesomeness, some has toppled over unfortunately.

Thanks, I just finished the cockpit, and now I'm painting the pilot, I had to look up the suit, they give you no painting instructions for him.

New Update!
I have finished the cockpit and added the fuselage and engines, bottom and wings coming soon!

DSC08821.jpg

DSC08822.jpg

DSC08824.jpg

DSC08825.jpg

On this photo, it said to paint it steel but I only had chrome silver..good idea?:
DSC08823.jpg

Sorry I haven't updated, I went away for a few days. I am currently painting the base ship. Anyone got any tips on how to make the outside smooth when painting, I always seem to get brush strokes.

For the main body of the ship, you will be better off with spray cans, if you can manage 'em. If you HAVE to brush paint, then you need to thin the paint and then paint in multiple coats so that you avoid brush strokes as much as possible.

Thanks for documenting your build!

Raj

Finished. Took a while and sorry I hadn't been posting. But here it is. I painted everything, the only decals used are the "Cpt. Lee Adama" one on either side.
DSC08994.jpg

DSC08992.jpg

DSC08993.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back