Star Trek 5 Shuttlecraft 1/2 scale

E=MC2

Sr Member
This kit is about 1/2 Studio Scale and is 1/48 scale. So I am going to see what I can do to her? LoL! Also it did come with deals. Now it looks like I need to think of lighting this up? So let me see what I can find in my shop.
This is a limited kit so PM me if you want one.

100_35051.jpg

100_35021.jpg

100_34991.jpg

100_34981.jpg

Nice! :)

That's pretty slick, dude. I've always wanted to see someone make this in a larger scale.

Quick question. If this is about 1/2 scale to studio model, how long is this kit supposed to be when built?

I'd definitely be interested, if only my prop-spending fund wasn't tapped dry at the moment :rolleyes

Damn. Yeah, that'd be good enough for me, too. A 10" Type 5 Shuttlecraft. Pretty kewl.

If I were to get one, I'd try to scratch-build a detailed interior, and switch out the opaque resin windshield with one you could see the interior through.

That'd be awesome.

The studio model was 2 foot, this model is 10" long by 5" wide. so not quite
1/2 scale but good for me.

Pretty sure the studio model was 60" long and was auctioned off by Christies a few years ago during their Star Trek auction. Was there another smaller version?

Holy crap. The filming model was five feet long? I'm surprised they'd go to that large a scale for so simple a model. It's not like there was much surface detail that had to be picked up by the camera.

That's pretty impressive. So then, considering the fact that the TNG Type 6 Shuttlecraft was simply a cut-down version of the Type 5, how long would that have made that filming model?

Well I don't no abou't five feet long? The shuttle that was in star trek 5 was
2 1/2' feet long. Greg Jein and Dana white did the motion control miniature for the movie.

:cheers

Yep, 5-foot miniature. Granted you can't really tell from this photo. :lol But I was there, I saw it... five feet. :confused

5463829739_0943d1df9a_z.jpg

Possibly used for the landing-on-the-planet scenes? or possibly the "crashing into the shuttlecraft bay" sequence.

In fact, I think this is pretty much it here.

5464157111_6098b5d0ce.jpg

5464756752_99363f55aa_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, looked it up in the Christies catalog; it was 60" and there was another one that they used for the crash sequence and it too was 60" long.

improved decals i think it is around 1/48 scale i know the small shuttle used for filming was 2.5 feet long

Kind of strange that they had at least 3 (the two 5 footers and this mystery 2.5 footer) miniatures of the little used shuttle for a production that was limited budget wise. Honestly still skeptical about the existence of a 2.5' version.

cinefex 42 check it out there are pictures of bothe sizes being worked on the small one was used for the distant shots i will post pics later this week

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back