Experiences with Plastidip

Psammead

I'm thinking of reinforcing a urethane helmet with plastidip but was wondering what people's experiences of it were particularly weight in comparison to bondo, ease of application and 'paint-ability'

Thanks

I don't know about the paint-ability; it does come in different tints, and you can get clear, though that tends to be more of a cloudy translucent color rather than a completely transparent one. I've never considered using it as reinforcement. It ends up more like a hard rubber rather than a plastic. It can also peel off and wear away if it is put on too thin. Certainly no where near as strong as bondo or even urethane.

I agree plasti dip is not going to reinforce anything, it's just a rubber coating. You'd be far better using a few more coats of Roto cast or Fast cast I think is what you guys across the pond have. ;)

Thanks guys, just what I needed to know. Plus I have some urethane in my garage. :)

I asked something similar in another
Thread without much response. Abs instead of urethane helmet, but does the idea of slushing in a bunch of urethane coating (say the stuff for sealing floors) seem sound, and a better reinforcing than plastisol?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back