Blade Runner PKD and Offworld repaint.

Matsuo

Sr Member
Compare between Offworld and PKD.

PKD is beefy, Offworld though having sharp detail is toylike and a bit flimsy feeling.
DSC01360.jpg

I wanted to do this one not so hard worn as the "Worldcon" version. More like "Holster wear". Gun was broken down into its constituant parts and repainted.
The upper and bolt were replaced, and the grip base is metal, the rest is un modified, just cleaned up resurfaced and painted.

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

Closeup of the Offworld upper and bolt.
DSC01361.jpg

PKD, Worldcon style without the rust.
It was resurfaced and re painted using alcad steel and transparent black shading and weathering, the black parts are satin black. No other extras were applied just cleanup and repaint.

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

I'm sure I probably forgot something, any questions just ask...There is a missing screw somwhere see if you can catch it. :D

Thanks!

Matt

Last edited:
Re: PKD and Offworld repaint.

Matt, that is just beautiful! Once of these days I'll get myself a nice version blaster, you really did a fantastic job! Kudos.

Looks good! I just finished my Pkd, but it was a very bad casting! I believe the missing screw to be on the left side, on the ammo box, above the led.

Very nice paint on both accounts. Great assembly(what else could we expect?) on the PK-D.

I briefly had an Offworld. I hated that the Offworld rattled like a die cast car with loose door and hood parts and the grip is undersized for an adult hand...undersized to the point of being annoyingly uncomfortable.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back