Aliens U.S.S. Sulaco - Studio Scale Model

Fantastic work, really inspirational!...But, maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me -or lack of knowledge of the studio model- but your model appears to be saging, or bowing/flexing as if under weight. This is especialy noticable in the second (side view) image.

Apologizes if this was intential, part of the studio model, or some strange byproduct of photographing such a large detailed model. Just wanted to point it out so all that amazing work isn't in vein if some internal support suddenly snapped.

Sometimes you get stuck for words! How much does it weigh and where the hell do you keep it?! Brilliant ,brilliant work. At first glance I was convinced it was the original model. What are you going to build this year!

Hi,

Some pix here. You can see that my Sulaco is not exactly like original. Because, it's very difficult to identify part maps and all the details... And I like re-created some parts.

You can see that it can be dismantled.
For the kit list, I could find this with pixs modelermagic.com :

- M60A2 1/35 Tamiya
- Flakpanzer gepard 1/35 Tamiya
- SDKFZ 223 1/35 Tamiya
- Kettenkrad 1/9 Revell (not sur)

hordorf-stuttgart001.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart002.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart003.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart004.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart005.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart006.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart007.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart008.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart009.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart010.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart012.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart013.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart014.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart015.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart018.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart019.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart020.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart021.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart022.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart023.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart024.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart025.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart026.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart027.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart028.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart029.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart030.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart031.jpg

hordorf-stuttgart032.jpg

IMG

Here, all parts I identify... It's not much !!!:cry

kg_sulaco-studio-model-003-1.jpg

1 - 4 - 6 : M60 A2 Tamiya 1/35
2 : gepard flakpanzer 1/35 Tamiya
3 : SDKFZ 232 1/35 Tamiya
5 : SDKZZ 223 1/35 Tamiya

kg_sulaco-studio-model-008.jpg

1 : SDKFZ 232 1/35 Tamiya
2 : SDKFZ 232 ?

kg_sulaco-studio-model-015.jpg

1 - 2 : Gepard flakpanzer 1/35 Tamiya

kg_sulaco-studio-model-030.jpg

1 : Kettenkrad 1/9 ?

kg_sulaco-studio-model-040.jpg

1 : SDKFZ 223 1/35 Tamiya
2 : SDKFZ 232 1/35 Tamiya

OMG Leukrix - those are fantastic shots! And thanks for putting up the parts maps (is that the actual studio model?) Did you go for all-accurate parts on yours? I still think you're not human - I couldn't imagine how you could come up with something like this in so short a period. It's a feat worthy of the Guiness Book of World Records.

I think a lot of those flat cylindrical parts are diesel locomotive fans, a model railroad accessory. That is a guess, but they look quite close.

Awesome job ID-ing those kit parts, by the way.

Don't think I've ever seen a studio scale Sulaco - not even online. The big ones are about half this size.

-Mike J.

I think a lot of those flat cylindrical parts are diesel locomotive fans, a model railroad accessory. That is a guess, but they look quite close.

Awesome job ID-ing those kit parts, by the way.

Don't think I've ever seen a studio scale Sulaco - not even online. The big ones are about half this size.

-Mike J.

Mike , do you have any imagines. I looked and did find what you where talking about. Just wondering as you are

-James

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back