Looking for a vintage lab coat for Hugo Strange costume

paulv70

I'd like to make a Hugo Strange costume and need help finding an old fashioned lab coat.

batman-arkham-city-hugo-strange-1.jpg

It looks similar to the Dr. Horrible one, cept the flap is on the other side:

1674757_f520.jpg

If anyone can help me identify/find one I'd really appreciate it.

It's called a Howie lab coat. I had one made years ago -long before Dr. Horrible became so popular. Don't ask me for a pattern, it was made from scatch made by using sketches of what I needed at the time, and yes, my mother made it for me.:)

I had found some websites that have these overseas, England still uses them, but when I inquired about them, I had no response.

I made a simple old school mad scientist lab coat a few years ago by simply taking a white sport coat I found at a thrift store, chopping the collar up and flipping the lapel open and adding buttons down the side.

It's not a perfect solution, or a 100% accurate lab coat, but it gets the idea across pretty well and it was VERY cheap.

View attachment 45047

Thanks for the tips guys.

BAK55 - Thank you! I just did a quick search for Howie Lab Coat and found a bunch of them.

Looking to do this costume for DragonCon this year. I have a lead on the lab coat but does anyone have any full length shots of the whole outfit? Specifically what style pants and shoes. Also is it leather gloves or black latex ones? And finally anyone know where I can get a copy of the Arkham logo to make a transfer for the coat?

Thanks

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back