Star Wars Chronicles

Bigturc

Sr Member
Hey guys,
I was trying to buy this to get better references on my different SS builds .. but I'm facing the 150$ book, the 300$ and some people talk of the 600$ book.

So .. my question is, what's the difference between all of them?

I won this one on ebay : Star Wars Chronicles Aeon Deborah Fine book armor on eBay.ca (item 170597836638 end time 07-Feb-11 16:46:02 EST) .. is that the complete one?

MODS, if I can't post my own won auction, please let me know, I'll just post the auction number (I guess?)

Cheers,
Al

If they were anything like the more recent Prequel Chronicle book, the more expensive ones came with extra goodies (e.g. models, dvds). The most expensive...leather backed maybe? Not sure.

However, I am sure about the book you won. It's a reprint of the original. I bought the same book on Amazon for around the same price a few years ago. It has the same awesome stuff as the original print. Enjoy it! :)

Joe

There are a couple versions of the "Star Wars Chronicles" book - a Japanese text one (the first issue) and the English text one. Both, I believe have the same content, though the Japanese one is rarer.

There is a Chronicles book for the Prequels, but I believe it clearly says "Prequels" on the cover (and has Darth Vader on it?)

There are two versions of "Sculpting a Galaxy" - both are in English, but the uber-geek edition, apart from the extra goodies like the replica Deathstar tiles and some extra books on digital models, also includes some extra pages via additional gatefolds.

The cheaper versions of either are going to be fine for the general studio scale modeler.

Gene

PS - I think the one you are looking at is the 2nd edition of the "Chronicles" book.

Thanks for all your input guys! I just wanted to make sure I was getting the full book content/picture-wise. I don't care so much about the edition nor the goodies!

:thumbsup

book looks in good condition AL:thumbsup, I would recommend getting the Japanese version, got mine off ebay several years ago.

photo.php

photo.php

I also end up getting my chronicles book for about $80 US. Ya couldn't go wrong at that price.

....especially when this "early adopter" got the first edition, in Japanese, when it was first released and paid about ........ $400 for it. Ouch.

I don't do that any more.....

Gene

....especially when this "early adopter" got the first edition, in Japanese, when it was first released and paid about ........ $400 for it. Ouch.

I don't do that any more.....

Gene

Heh, talk about it. I bought the star wars models book at full price :cry I thought I´d be smart since the chronicles only climbed and climbed in price, but who´da known...

THanks for the input guys .. UKScout .. why do you suggest the Japanese one over the one I got?

Oh and here's me brutha! ;) Click it for more! :love

I have both Japanese and US versions.

The text is supposed to have more details, but I don't speak/read Japanese.

If you want a Japanese/US comparison pic of your subject, let me know.

If you need a prequels copy, I have an unopened one.

It depends which one you get. I have both the Japanese and US versions of the Star Wars Chronicles.The Japanese Star Wars Chronicles was produced with a low run...something like 10,000 copies (all numbered)and then it was released in the US and they probably made two or three times that,hence the lower quality paper and lower price tag. I bought the Japanese Chronicles about 12-13 years ago and it was expensive then and the US copy was a tad over $150.00 "new" as I recall.So,this is one of your "pick your poison" decisions.I'd sell the Japanese book, but I'm not giving it away for free,hence the higher price tag due to its collectable value.

That's what I thought .. it's all about collector's value for the Japanese version. I'm happy to get this version then, I just wanted to have the same content, pictures etc .. don't care so much about the text on this one ... really, that was for reference!!

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Theres another book Ive seen called the 'STAR WARS ARCHIVES'.
Has anyone got that book?

Yep, unfortunately it's page-for-page identical to the "From SW to Indy" book. I got it thinking it might have some different ref, but the result was.. "denied!"

1-4 parts needed from the following kits if anyone can help:

airfix/mpc 1/24 harrier
tamiya 1/35 matilda
tamiya 1/20 p34 six wheeler
tamiya 1/12 tyrell elf f1
tamiya 1/700 nelson
tamiya 1/700 shinano (old tool)
tamiya 1/700 hood
hasegawa 1/72 leopold

I have a hardcover called "George Lucas Museum", in Japanese. Sounds like the same thing. Didn't know it'd been printed under another (Japanese) title too. Learn something new every day!

Simon, the measurements are the same as those in Chronicles, i.e., suspect/contradictory in many cases.

I have the Chronicles book from the early 90's. The cover sleeve is different. Where they show a pic of the Death star mine as a cutout in the shape of a TIE fghter solar panel. I never heard or read anywhere that the txt and images inside were different.

FWIW and IMHO the original trilogy is better. For the Prequels book they seemd to cram a lot more images into a similar number of pages. To do that, they made the images smaller. Doesn't really help what we want the book for... :-/

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back