Star Wars Chronicles

The small pod bells are ENORMOUS compared to what we thought they were, and touch the sides of the 222 hulls. Triangles has decals all over the bottom of it... and those five footer falcon pics are head on unmolested ANH pics with a ruler in shot, showing the original bottom boxes before it was hacked to hell and back for ESB!

IMG_2378 2.jpgIMG_2379 2.jpg

No harm in sharing these now, since they are published ... I lighted the pics a lot in photoshop so you can see what I am taking about structurally.

22222.jpg1111.jpg

No harm in sharing these now, since they are published ... I lighted the pics a lot in photoshop so you can see what I am taking about structurally.

View attachment 693614View attachment 693615

Good grief, those pods are absolutely filthy!!!!!
Thats brilliant Jason, thanks, I am very grateful. Solves the mystery that has been bugging me for months. That engine bell for the 223 is massive, but its does look like a cut down part from the Apollo (as used on the Y wing engines), then with a machine aluminium part turned specifically for the lightbulb part, so it doesn't melt I assume.
The 232 engine bell does look like the JPS parts are correct, though like the rest of it.
This book is going to be the absolute bible for this forum by the looks of it. Is it ever going to be published in english or become available in the UK?

A couple of questions as this sounds very comprehensive:
Anyone in the UK managed to order this?
Any pictures of the Probe droid pods in there?

I've ordered it. amazon.co.jp is very seperate to amazon.co.uk (unlike amazon.com)

However, if you go to amazon.co.jp there is a link to transact in English (yay!), and then you can search for and order the book.

You can then set up a new account with your address and credit card details, and they will ship to the UK.

Note that shipping is really cheap (like £8), but they add all the correct import duty so that in the end its £147.70 shipped.

Which made me pause. For a second. Screw it, its my birthday next week. Happy Birthday to me.

View attachment 693614View attachment 693615

Figured it!!!! That straight ended engine bell piece on the 223 looks similar to the same two halogen light engine parts used on the Slave One ( but they are larger). Can anyone confirm this? If so I guess the builders used the same solution to the lighting for the engines on the 223 as they did on the Slave only scaled down. Unfortunately my old version of the Chronicles only has good photos of the top of the Slave.

I've ordered it. amazon.co.jp is very seperate to amazon.co.uk (unlike amazon.com)

However, if you go to amazon.co.jp there is a link to transact in English (yay!), and then you can search for and order the book.

You can then set up a new account with your address and credit card details, and they will ship to the UK.

Note that shipping is really cheap (like £8), but they add all the correct import duty so that in the end its £147.70 shipped.

Which made me pause. For a second. Screw it, its my birthday next week. Happy Birthday to me.

Thanks for that very useful information.

Followed your instructions and it worked like a dream- copy ordered.

And yep, it's my birthday this week as well!!!

Well after seeing those pics I couldn't help myself and splurged. I'll just ask for forgiveness later. This is a must have! I just wish I could read Japanese.

re - amazon japan
yep,just follow the instructions and do what has been suggested here.that's all i did and mine was as a pre-order as well.:)

Yes they have been part of the archive database, and most of the "holy crap!!" pics were added in the early to mid 2000s. It's our hope that now that Disney has the IP to Star Wars, that more will be unearthed. But then again, the Archives are not part of the deal....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back