The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

Yea I was starting to PANIC! My local IMAX didn't update their sales page until about 5 mins past the hour!

Got what I needed for the premier show, and then tried to get 48fps tickets and the theater it is currently listed as showing 48fps doesn't have advance sales as far as I can see or find.

Well you're one of the lucky ones.

Called my theater that usually does midnight showings and they haven't even booked a midnight showing slot yet. The guy on the phone was CLUELESS.

I've already planned a line party too. I'm having everyone who's in it, call the theater and make sure we get as many requests as possible. Might make them move their asses.

Also, everyone go check your Barnes and Nobles, they have ALL the things. Picked up the Official Movie Guide yesterday. Going back this weekend for the Companion to match my LotR ones.

They have Noble Collections stuff as well! The Sting letter opener in a lovely wooden box with the Bilbo signature acorn on it, Thror's map with an Erebor key and more.
602261_796213595105_1337109081_n.jpg

35582_796213709875_495248865_n.jpg

Thanks for the head's up CelticRuins, we don't have a Barnes and Noble up here in Canada, atleast one that I know of, but I'm definitely going to check out our Chapters up here!

Any first impressions of the props they have? That is, the Thror's map and key?

That would explain the Witch King-like topper on the handle there. Good theory!

EDIT:

To add, the official running time has just been announced: 2 hours and 40 minutes Exclusive: Hobbit Running Time Revealed | Movie News | Empire

If all 3 movies will be that long...Pete is sooo stretching it -_-. I have total faith! But still.

I love the story, so if all 3 movies were 3+ hours, as long as it doesn't drag on, I have no problems with it

Happy Hollidays! First The Hobbit, and the Django Unchained on Xmas. I wish there was a big release on Thanksgiving this year. That preview of Red Dawn disinterested me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back