The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

So will Elrond have Hadhafang in this movie?

If you look at that pic of Elrond posted on the previous page, you can see he is wearing it.

Hey Kit, will the staff be available in november/december for sure? Have placed an order with a vendor. Oh, and does the staff come in two pieces, or just one?
One piece, molded directly from the prop. No idea on shipping as I am not involved in that or the final manufacturing end. I just do the engineering and development work up to the first prototype.

One thing I'm curious about is the home release. Can Blu-ray support 48fps playback in 3D? Can our players or software support it? Can our monitors? Or will they just be releasing it in 24fps and reserving the 48fps exclusively for the theatrical release?

Your monitor should be able to, at least. Most have a minimum 60 hertz refresh rate, which means they refresh the picture 60 times per sec.

Hrmmmmm...
I'd like to think that Elrond being armour would mean we will see the White Council assault Dol Guldor (and Saruman!) since I cannot imagine him being at the Battle of the Five Armies... Although that would be an interesting prospect as well...

Hrmmmmm...
I'd like to think that Elrond being armour would mean we will see the White Council assault Dol Guldor (and Saruman!) since I cannot imagine him being at the Battle of the Five Armies... Although that would be an interesting prospect as well...

This is more than likely the exact scene. There's also been talk of the assault on Angmar, as there's a clip from Comic Con floating around where they bring up the Witch King and imprisoning him there.

This is more than likely the exact scene. There's also been talk of the assault on Angmar, as there's a clip from Comic Con floating around where they bring up the Witch King and imprisoning him there.

Yes, I've read about this from the ComicCon footage: [SPOILERS obviously]
Hobbit Footage Review & MASSIVE SPOILERS: Full Coverage & Analysis! | Hobbit Movie News and Rumors | TheOneRing.net

I have been trying to look for the ComicCon footage but no luck :( I *would* love to see it!

Wellington's hosting the premiere on the last Wednesday of November... happy birthday to me.

Lucky -_-.

We're desperately going to try to start squandering away money in order to make atleast one of the premieres. Despite the fact I want to go to NZ anyway!

I was thinking i love the animated hobbit movie and when bilbo is being told of their adventure there is a visual flash back showing how rich they were along with how smaug comes into play...now do you think jackson will do the same for the film? Because we all know that he thee films are made for die hard fans and those who don't know anything.

So i guess my point is I know there's a rumor that smaugs eye will open up at the end of the film but...from a fan boy id like too see just a hit of smaug before next year, but i know i we wont haha.

And lastly, anyone going to guess where the first film is going to end? For me its when they leave Mirkwood and arrive at Dale.

I think there will be a flashback of sorts to the days of Thorin's father and grandfather as the roles of Thror and Thrain have been cast... as well as that of Azog.

When the movie was split into two films, there was a poster scroll which seemed to suggest that the first film would end with 'barrels out of bond' but the new poster scroll and recent trailer seems to suggest that the first film could end with the Company 'out of the frying pan and into the fire', if you get my meaning.

Yes indeed. After thinking about it, I rather think they will be left on Mirkwoods door step, which is an easy way to pick right up the following year.

Just got this poster in the mail!
76800_783005374485_835637565_n.jpg

The sword in the bottom image on the table looks like the Witch King's, but I can't exactly tell.

Last edited:
On a less than savory note, a restaurant chain has been announced to take over branding of The Hobbit.

It's Denny's -_- Breaking news: Denny

W. T. F. :behave

I guess the whole pancakes, bacon and eggs thing does make sense. But I was hoping on some ****ty toys :lol!

I think its the morgul dagger. Something Gandalf brings to Elrond to have examined after his encounter with Thrain.

That would explain the Witch King-like topper on the handle there. Good theory!

EDIT:

To add, the official running time has just been announced: 2 hours and 40 minutes http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35587

If all 3 movies will be that long...Pete is sooo stretching it -_-. I have total faith! But still.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back