The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

UC2926%20PHOTO_Closeup%202_sm.jpg
UC2926%20%27G%27%20Rune.jpg

So I've been reading up on this, and it seems that the decision was made to give Bifur an axe sticking out of his head, a wound from a fight with a goblin. Due to this, he can only communicate in (depending on the source) grunts and gestures or Khuzdul (Dwarven language.)

He had no such affliction in the books, and I'm not sure what the logic was to do this for the movie. Anybody got any insight?

Well, unfortunately it happened as a result of an accident on set. Writers scrambled, and came up with that to work it into the films plot. ;)

Does anyone else notice Radagast's staff is an altered version of Gandalf's staff in the first half of Fellowship. It has the distinct nook or crevace where the pipe would be and after examining certain of the 'roots' it appears to be almost identical sans the G rune and with extended twisty roots!

I don't know.... I really liked Gimli and the dynamic of different backgrounds mixed in the rings fellowship, but this large group of Dwarves portrayed all comedic doesn't make me too excited about this poster.

And in the mix a Calvin Klein model at the top just chilling, hahaha!

LOL Aidan Turner? I liked him in Being Human, so let's see what he does as a dwarf. BH was such an awesome show while he was on the cast. Not sure what's been going on since he and Russell Tovey left. I watched a bit but it just wasn't the same.

I'm waiting for some vampire dwarf jokes to appear on Tumblr. I know it's coming.

I don't know about that. He has two other staffs in LOTR before he white staff, so seems unlikely that it changes into it. I just see the same type of crown inside.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back