The Hobbit - starts filming March 21

Aah, that will change things then.

Founds pix of Weta's version and it's sweet. No announcement on price yet. Will possibly NOT update mine then. Will wait and see.

Last edited:
Sting looks diffrent. Slightly slimmer, and no tengwar inscription?

John
I'm not sure about the size, but the writing, according to film lore (it was never mentioned in the books) was done after the fact, based on Bilbo's adventures (the writing gives the sword's name, Sting, which Bilbo gave it). It's possible we'll see the inscription added at the end, when they stop by Rivendell on the way back to the Shire.

I'm not sure about the size, but the writing, according to film lore (it was never mentioned in the books) was done after the fact, based on Bilbo's adventures (the writing gives the sword's name, Sting, which Bilbo gave it). It's possible we'll see the inscription added at the end, when they stop by Rivendell on the way back to the Shire.

Yep. Bilbo names Sting after the episode with the spiders in Mirkwood iirc. Therefore the inscription we see in LotR can only have been added upon his return.

Galaxy Note / CyanogenMod 9

Payoff one sheet...

HOBBITPAYOFF.jpg

I don't know.... I really liked Gimli and the dynamic of different backgrounds mixed in the rings fellowship, but this large group of Dwarves portrayed all comedic doesn't make me too excited about this poster.

And in the mix a Calvin Klein model at the top just chilling, hahaha!

Yeah I still am not liking the fact that they left Aidan Turner...well Aidan Turner. He has prosthetic ears and that's about it. But, they did that on purpose; sexiness sells. Hence why they're putting Evageline Lilly in as Tauriel (though I'm loving her outfit and have already started to collect research and materials for it). It's supposed to have comedic undertones, as it is a children's story, and much more light hearted than LotR. But we have to have the "cute guy" factor as well as throwing in more than just Appendices Galadriel in order to appease any feminists out there, as well as the everyday feeble-minded movie goer. I can see it now:

"WHY AIN'T THAR NO GIRLS IN THIS?? WHY IS IT A SAUSAGE FEST?!"

Well, hun, that's the way Tolkien wrote it. But you get your wish because books don't translate completely onto film, so there you have it.

I'll be honest, I'm most excited about seeing Thranduil and the fact Legolas will be there. Though not brought up in the book, he was most definitely there, and more than likely helped his father in the Battle of 5 Armies.

Which by the way, his armor is BAD ASS, and I'll be making it for my own Leggy :p:
298398_414776315236448_938251768_n.jpg

Tauriel's Action Figure:
561713_10152123954455447_904137806_n.jpg

255537_10152123952280447_1690885540_n.jpg

I'm hoping to make the two above costumes for my son and niece for Halloween - I already have 'trip to Toys R Us' on my calender for Monday...

We'll see if I can pull it off. haha!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back