Costume Help/Advice for Mega Man X cosplay

Midnyght Saber

Hello, all.

I'm a new member to the site, so first off: Hi, everyone!

As for the help/advice, I'm actually in the planning stages for a cosplay outfit based on the Mega Man X series, although the design is for an original Reploid character that I've designed through my fanfiction.

However, I've kind of hit a brick wall.:confused Whenever I look for costumes or costume makers, I can't really get a lot of help on what materials I should use to get something that doesn't look like cardboard and paper mache. I recently talked with a friend of mine who is part of the 501st Legion, and I thought that perhaps the material used in designing the stormtrooper uniforms would work well.

If anyone is familiar either with the material used to make stormtrooper costumes or with ideas on how to make decent-looking Reploid armor, please let me know. I'd like to have this done in time for the 2012 anime convention I'm going to, since there's a different idea already set in motion for this year's con.

Thanks a bunch!

Midnyght Saber

Well a few years ago when I had more free time I got a costume started that I never finished. I used camping bed foam for the structure of the armor. Easily malleable, inexpensive, and light. I put a single layer of duct tape and drawing on my past experience painting cabinets I used some self leveling paint and came up with a pretty nice looking gauntlet. Camping foam comes in blue rolls and is available at wal-mart for 7 bucks for a roll. A little late but if you're still working on it or thinking about it hope this helps.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back