Godzilla (2014)

I love the basic shape on the poster design, the photos not so much. That fat bulb neck looks wrong.
Either way it's a big improvement over 1998 Godzilla though, so if the movie is good, I could live with it.

I hope so, I'm not that big of a fan of double-chinzilla, but then again I would take it over The Iguana.

Godzilla's been slacking and Big Macking...once I see him moving I'm sure I won't be making fun of his stubby legs. I can accept the thick neck. It would making a killing bite nigh impossible.

It just doesn't look like a fast mover at all. The face I can deal with. It just the proportions on the body.

I think this movie could end up being a solid 2 hours. The first act will be him moving toward the mainland, second act he will stop and catch his breath, and third act he has gastric bypass surgery.

If this film doesn't get it right, then Toho better get it's ass in gear and start producing. Which they should be doing regardless!

I'm in Godzilla withdrawal it's been nine years since Final Wars which of course is almost universally accepted as sucking even
to most big G fans.

From all indications the director should have a handle on this and understand the material.

That's just TOO big, can't they just make it SLIGHTLY plausible?

After the 1998 film, I am hesitant to get excited for this. So far not loving or hating what I'm seeing. Perhaps the first trailer will draw me in.

What was wrong with that? Jean Reno is the most epic cab driver, ever! :lol

EricVespe: Godzilla up next. They're playing the mood piece from last year.

EricVespe: God, that's good. Still don't know why they don't release that Godzilla "mood piece" as a teaser trailer.

devincf : GODZILLA trailer was good. Strong disaster movie vibe. Another monster, a hooded mantis thing, dwarfed by Godzilla. #SDCC

EricVespe: New footage looked great. Multiple monsters, ended in an airport fight. Big Green comes in, standing massively taller than the huge kaiju

SDCC 2013: GODZILLA, King of The Comic-Con Monsters | Badass Digest
Good short write up about the Godzilla footage shown at Comic-Con

Last edited:
That's just TOO big, can't they just make it SLIGHTLY plausible?

Its very Plausible, its the lone baby from
godzilla.jpg

the size seems just about right

Maybe that poster is just an homage to '97's Zilla :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back