Godzilla (2014)

Easily the 1964 Godzilla - Mosugoji. This is the model Godzilla for me. Not too fat, too spiky, too silly, too ugly. Not over designed. Just right.

godzilla1964.jpg

Now you've done it. Okay everyone, post pictures of your favorite Godzilla suit and/or how you think he should look in the movie! :D

I've been a Godzilla fan my whole life. But in hindsight, every single Godzilla movie is unwatchably bad.
The first Godzilla movie I ever saw was Godzilla 1985: The Legend is Reborn (aka 1984 Gojira). But after a recent re-watching, it was a chore. The second Godzilla movie I ever saw was Godzilla's Revenge, and I remember really liking it a lot when I was little. But now? Good lord, is it terrible. The third Godzilla movie I saw was Godzilla VS The Sea Monster (Ebirah). It too is a terrible mess for me now. Throughout the years, I've seen Gojira (the original), Godzilla VS Biollante, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla GMK, Godzilla VS The Smog Monster, Godzilla VS Destroyah, Godzilla: Final Wars, Godzilla 1998 (American), and the original movie which introduces the Xillians - I forgot which movie that was.
The only one that has re-watch value is Godzilla 1998. I know that sounds like heresy, but it is the most balanced, well written of the Godzilla movies so far. The production values are good, the effects are good. It's far from perfect, and the third act with the babies drags it down severely.
Despite my general disdain for pretty much every Godzilla movie, I still consider myself a huge fan. To me Godzilla represents a mysterious power that wants to be left alone. He's something awesome with a lot of potential, but none of the movies have been done right. I'm a fan of Godzilla, but not a fan of his movies. I don't think any of my other fandoms work this way, but Godzilla does.

Now you've done it. Okay everyone, post pictures of your favorite Godzilla suit and/or how you think he should look in the movie! :D

My favorite suit is the one from GMK.

godzilla2002gmkjt7_by_auxiliary4-d6chv6e.jpg

It's my favorite for 2 reasons:
1. Those white eyes are crazy awesome.
2. The hunched over pose is more menacing and animalistic than his usual upright humanoid pose.

Also, I don't think Godzilla needs huge, jagged, dramatic spikes. I prefer the subtle, rounded spikes.

I have to agree with that. The GMK Godzilla was the coolest looking one.

The all white eyes give him that lifeless look. The overall body design and stance is
just as awesome. I wouldn't complain to see a version like this in the new one.

The later version with the BIG long spines was OK but he looked toy-ish with that
extra long mouth that went all the way to the back of his head.

After Iguanazilla fiasco, just about anything that is clearly recognizable as Godzilla is fine with me, I won't be choosy there.

What is important to me is the meaning of the existance of Godzilla, Godzilla as a character, more then animal with
some form of intelligence we don't quite wrap our minds around, even purpose that we don't quite grasp, and that there is even empathy
for him from humans. That we caused this, we caused him to be.
Another aspect of G I've always loved, he doesn't give up, Godzilla is a gawdamn badazz mofo and be it against us
or some other monster, he's gonna TCB.

A lot of seemingly random letters are highlighted in red. No doubt it's a scrambled message, but I am no good at cracking those codes.

I just watched Godzilla vs, Gidorah and Mothra...it was awesome!

He charged his laser up and was pretty merciless when it was time to fight. I loved how he caught mothra off guard! :lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....159628667410061.29540.141803269192601&type=1

Just found out that the Godzilla poster artist is Phantom City Creative for Mondo. I knew the art style felt familiar but couldn't really place it.

If they are giving away this poster at the WB/Legendary panel at Comic Con, then they are not screenprints. We could expect bigger size screenprint in the future.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/356896311766814720

"These #Godzilla #Mondo prints will also be handed out to fans who visit the #GodzillaEncounter at #SDCC this week: http://www.GodzillaEncounter.com "

Comic-Con: Godzilla Encounter Tickets Now Available! | Superhero Hype

"The website GodzillaEncounter.com has been updated with new clues that now enable Comic-Con International San Diego badge holders to reserve tickets for an epically-scaled viral encounter. To reserve yours, simply click the link below and use the secret code "SERIZAWA".

The ticketing URL, GODZILLA ENCOUNTER Tickets was hidden in today's viral update while the code itself is made up of the red highlighted letters that have appeared in the last few page updates. Serizawa is the last name of scientist Dr. Daisuke Serizawa, played by Akihiko Hirata in Ishirô Honda's original 1954 film."

GODZILLA ENCOUNTER Tickets

Click the image below for a better hi-res shot.

SDCC 2013: GODZILLA by Phantom City Creative! | Mondo: The Blog

Godzilla
by Phantom City Creative
24″ x 36″
Edition of 275
$45

Godzilla (Variant)
by Phantom City Creative
24″ x 36″
Edition of 100
$70

crabra comander, I think you can find the eyes now :D.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...67410061.29540.141803269192601&type=1&theater

Variant Mondo Godzilla poster.

9297156938_f4f372640c_o.jpg

Last edited:
If it hasn't been figured out here already, the red letters in the headlines spell out Serezawa. So hopefully that's a hint that he'll be in the new movie along with the oxygen destroyer!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back