Godzilla (2014)

Hope she is right.
Godzilla done right with what can be done today should scare the crap out of people like
something right out of hell.

This movie will have all the subtlety of a lumbering dinosaur. Don't expect a nuanced character drama, this movie is about a prehistoric monster that destroys cities just because no one can stop him from doing it.

I don't expect any serious,well defined,oscar winning stuff with Godzilla-this is a giant monster movie with the basic premise (if you watch the good ones,and in the original Japanese) that it could be the end of mankind if we don't get off our collective butts and find a way to stop Godzilla and all the other monsters that show up.

Cloverfield has been mentioned,while that was a pretty decent film but if you want to have the real tone of what Godzilla is think of him in New York...and then think of a NYC that looks like a atomic bomb went off,thousands of dead,thousands more injured,the military suffering major casualties fighting back,the ones who go in later knowing they're probably gonna die-THAT is Godzilla.

And frankly I know this may,may sound corny but I think they should use a bit of the original music in the new American version,in particular the stuff when the military goes diving in is classic and no reason it won't work on the new film.

THIS music:

Gojira's (Godzilla) Theme Song - YouTube

I feel in some ways you need some aspects of the old films in any remake not just Godzilla though,things like music,and the "feeling" needs to be there too.

That's my two cents,for what it's worth.

I just hope they dont try to make it too much like Pacific Rim. Like someone said, lets just give Toho access to our studios etc so they can make an awesome flick! Either way, Im seriously going to see this. Still scared though, so much of my childhood has been ruined lately...

.I somehow suspect Gojira's return is gonna be around 2014 as that's the sixtieth anniversary of the series,yes it has been that long!
Yep, Godzilla's 60 years old now, so...

Senior_Godzilla_zps21d056e4.jpg

:D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back