Godzilla (2014)

God, I love bad oriental English. '...Godzilla v Successive Monster's battle is listed in it.' Just sublime. Paradise. I'd love to read all the cards.

It's great trying to work out what the hell they're trying to say and putting it into a natural English idiom. In this case, my best shot is 'Godzilla v a Host of Monsters. Every battle included.' But who knows...

Yeah, it's great fun.
My friends and I have been quoting that for years.

Try to collecting and trading.
Successive monster's battles is listed in it!!

Important to shout the last bit there.

Godzilla Teaser Trailer shown at Comic Con.

Devin Faraci at BadassDigest.com
https://twitter.com/devincf/status/224265506587287552
"Godzilla's design is very classical. Destruction shown high in visible body count. Hint of 2nd, dead kaiju."

Loquaciousmuse
https://twitter.com/loquaciousmuse/status/224266162823901184
"Godzilla footage is unsettling in a very badass way. Footage of utter destruction and a peak at the roaring 'Zilla. Goosebumps."

Eric Vespe at AICN
https://twitter.com/EricVespe/status/224266611182419968
"They showed the Godzilla footage again. If the movie can match this awed tone and sense of devastation this movie will be incredible"

godzillapostersmall.jpg

Fantastic news. I thought it was in development hell still.

"Godzilla's design is very classical"

Good good good. Maybe this time we get what we wanted from the first American Godzilla. Have high hopes the director of "Monsters" is very sincere about handling the character, (yes Godzilla is a character) of Godzilla properly.

Godzilla fans have been suffering a very long drought lately, with nothing new since Final Wars in 2004, and that one wasn't exactly much to be happy about.

I'm so excited for this, I've already got the poster as my background for everything haha
Hopefully theyll post the teaser up soon!
And as for the posture, he's going to be upright. They want to get back to the original godzilla look and stay as far away from the 98 movie as possible. Even all of their concept art had him upright.

His dorsal fins look pretty normal, seems a bit more hunched forward then what we're used to.

I'm so excited for this, I've already got the poster as my background for everything haha
Hopefully theyll post the teaser up soon!
And as for the posture, he's going to be upright. They want to get back to the original godzilla look and stay as far away from the 98 movie as possible. Even all of their concept art had him upright.

The concept art has him slumped over a bit,really reminds me a whole lot of a refined version of Gojira 2000:

img upload

As far as I'm concerned if they stick to the concept art then they're doing 100% better then the '98 disaster.

Makes sense,the old Japanese films it was always folks more in their 30's in the forefront,unlike Gamera who was pretty much always aimed at kids and was ether kinda okay or a campy mess (not to say Gojira didn't have some really,REALLY bad films)

I somehow suspect Gojira's return is gonna be around 2014 as that's the sixtieth anniversary of the series,yes it has been that long!

As long as they don't monkey with the legend, the Monsters director seems to know the gravity of what he has been handed.

I still think we should give the money to Toho and give them the use of our Studios and let them make it so it's at least some kind of Godzilla. I have a bad feeling this thing will end up like Cloverfield.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back