The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread

Has no one considered doing the Dude's outfit from Gutterballs scene?

Last edited:

Has no one considered doing the Dude's outfit from Gutterballs scene?

But of course!!

IMG_0233.jpg

And Luke, a belated 'happy birthday' to you , Sir! Hope the caucasian(s) were kind to you!!

Art
'Jon8712'

Not dead, just busy with work and still waiting for the new credit card to come in the mail.

In the meantime, enjoy this alteration to my church's bulletin.
167381_500400080891_657795891_6400361_6670906_n.jpg

Last edited:

Just back from the Tampa Lebowski Fest, what an awesome time.

Here are some pics of me and my Maude:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/fe...s-followers-abide-at-lebowski-/news-breaking/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb/27/cult-film-aficionados-flock-lebowski-fest/entertainment/
(I'm in the 3rd pic)

]TBOEXTRA.com :: Lebowski Fest 2011
(My Maude throws the Gutterball at 0:02)

What was really cool is that Ridley and Tony Scott's production company, RSA, were filming a documentary on the inspiration for the Dude, Jeff Dowd (who was at the fest all weekend), and they got us a hotel room so that they could film us getting into character. I made a joke with the doc director after we filmed, which took about 1 and 1/2 hours, asking if we could get a Blade Runner poster autographed by Ridley...and then immediately said I was just funnin'...but the director said 'that's not out of the question'...

Art
'Jon8712'

Last edited by a moderator:

Just back from the Tampa Lebowski Fest, what an awesome time.

Here are some pics of me and my Maude:

All hail the Dude: His followers abide at Lebowski Fest

Cult film aficionados flock to Lebowski Fest
(I'm in the 3rd pic)

]TBOEXTRA.com :: Lebowski Fest 2011
(My Maude throws the Gutterball at 0:02)

What was really cool is that Ridley and Tony Scott's production company, RSA, were filming a documentary on the inspiration for the Dude, Jeff Dowd (who was at the fest all weekend), and they got us a hotel room so that they could film us getting into character. I made a joke with the doc director after we filmed, which took about 1 and 1/2 hours, asking if we could get a Blade Runner poster autographed by Ridley...and then immediately said I was just funnin'...but the director said 'that's not out of the question'...

Art
'Jon8712'

Lookin' good man, lookin' good. The robe especially looks good. Hoping to hit up the Columbus Lebowski Fest myself, and if not that one then definitely the NYC one. And that is 100% awesomeness about the Ridley Scott autographed poster, you never know unless you ask!

I just wanna say that this a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Qj2-IesEeEmjDcjNnrESGVlFOY5lvdNVW4o5_8DCGSk?feat=directlink

Thought I'd toss my hat in the ring here - I'm usually one of the only 'Walters' at Dragon*Con. Here's a pic of me in my 'pose' with a great LoPan.

I'll look for one of me and my girlfriend who was a Dudette at Lebowski Fest last year - it was great.

Nice job, man! A lot of great Walter's in this thread!

Sorry for the deadness, but I've been busy working and applying for scholarships and the like for this fall, but I haven't forgotten about you guys!

So as it turns out, my Grandmother learned to knit in German, so she's unfamiliar with the terms on the knitting pattern I gave her. :unsure
I'm now going through the instructions myself, listing all the terms, and making a master list of terms and definitions for her in english. So hopefully she'll be able to work with that. she really is a great lady and I'm blessed to have her around, now I'm just wondering what I can do to suitably thank her for all her hard work.
So in the meantime I was perusing the bay and came across some Lebowski sweaters at pretty reasonable prices, I did my usual thing where I bid in the last five seconds and managed to snag this: #3 VTG PENDLETON LEBOWSKI COWICHAN WESTERN SWEATER LG With shipping it came out around $65, which is just about the same amount I spent on knitting supplies!
I'm thinking that I'll hang onto both sweaters so I can have a real one, and one with sentimental value. The sweater should be here today or tomorrow, I'll post pictures once it arrives.

Thanks guys!

My sweater came about twenty minutes ago, and I gotta say it's pretty awesome.

200817_10150126750045892_657795891_6815828_6115725_n.jpg

199291_10150126752340892_657795891_6815838_6593916_n.jpg

The sweater is in really great condition, there's only some pilling on the shoulders and back of the arms, overall, I'm very satisfied. It may be a little small (An xl would've suited me better.) but it looks and feels great.

199249_10150126748280892_657795891_6815822_8360351_n.jpg

Well, I decided that this should just be a thread related to all Lebowski costumes in genereal, so here goes.

I noticed that alot of people are just settling for plain yellow aviators for their Walter costumes, I decided to find the correct kind.
walter.jpg

They're air force style yellow aviators which can be noted by the forehead pad and the bendy ear hooks, They also have a thicker, more round style silver frame to them. I managed to find some from a wholesale seller on ebay for $6.95 with free shipping, and man do they look good!

216640_10150160926840892_657795891_6945731_6843798_n.jpg

I'm now on the search for a close or accurate vest, maybe you guys can help me out here.

waltervestref.png

I'm looking for one with the correct pocket pattern, but so far it's been hard to find ones that are even close, and it seems that most hunting and fishing vests stop at or above the waist, so you'd need an above xl size to get the right length.

Excellent, man! You've definitely got the look down, and I'm jealous of your accurate colored sweater.

Cheers man! Yours is cool too mind. I need to get some shades next, I have been checking out the Vuarnet 30 on eBay but they keep going for lots of cash. Any advice on that front?
I also have a 'chinaman' baseball top that I got years back, it's one of my fave items of clothing and gets lots of wear. I'll post a pic when I get the chance.

More sweater news!!
http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg...D67459CE41A1AB5AA6DA63EB?contentguid=2m12JuxD

'The Big Lebowski' cardigan: The sequel, from Pendleton Woolen Mills
Kristi Turnquist, The Oregonian

View All Photos
Posted: 05/09/2011 6:00 PM
As any fan of "The Big Lebowski" knows, "the Dude" had his own personal style. There's the rug that tied the room together. White Russians, his cocktail of choice. And his distinctive sweater, a chunky-knit, zip-front cardigan.

Since it debuted in 1998, Joel and Ethan Coen's movie has built a fervent cult of followers who have seen it a zillion times, can recite dialogue from memory, and worship the Dude, the slacker character played with shaggy aplomb by Jeff Bridges.

But even the most diehard "Lebowski" scholars may not know that the Dude's cardigan was made by Oregon's Pendleton Woolen Mills. Or that the original sweater worn by Bridges in the movie is going to be auctioned off May 14-15 in Beverly Hills as part of a multimillion-dollar showbiz memorabilia auction.

As the auction listing for the sweater says: "There were four sweaters made for the production -- this vintage sweater and three modern copies, according to costume designer Mary Zophres. Bridges wore this vintage sweater exclusively during the entire production, preferring to wear it all the time and thus delve deeper into the 'Dudeness' required of the role."

While it will probably sell for big bucks -- the opening bid is $4,000 to $6,000 -- the original sweater was, let's face it, a bit weathered. The Dude wasn't all that persnickety about his wardrobe. But you can also get a brand-spanking new "Dude Cardigan" this September. Pendleton is bringing back a tribute version of the design, inspired by the original, priced at $188.

"We had already decided to bring it back," says Debbie Coryell, manager for men's communications at Pendleton. "We had no idea about the auction."

Obviously, like the man himself, the Dude's cardigan abides.

It says 'inspired by' so I guess it won't be a proper copy, which would be a shame, guess we'll see!

Well, that blows. How hard could it possibly have been for Pendleton to recreate a sweater from their own back catalogue? :unsure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back