Man of Steel (Pre-release)

streetjudge79

Master Member
Warner bros. just released this... Henry Cavill to play Superman in Zach Snyder Superman the Man of Steel. Could be good, he looks the part, but he's only 6-1... I was hoping for a bit taller Superman. He needs to bulk up a bit too, but who knows, maybe he can pull it off.

He's got the look.
... Kind of halfway between Routh and Welling's features.
now if they can get him to train with the Spartacus guys, hah.
Henry-Cavill-henry-cavill-2640394-346-261.jpg

Henry-henry-cavill-5315234-842-1222.jpg

Re: Henry cavill cast as superman

Neutral on it. The guy can act. Whether he can pull off Superman remains to be seen. He has enough of the look that I think he meets that requirement at least. I wouldn't have minded Routh returning, but if they intend to reboot this, I suppose that wouldn't work as well.

Truth, justice and the... British way!

All kidding aside, he's a terrific actor and certainly looks the part. Looking forward to see what Snyder does with the franchise. If he can match the look and feel of Watchmen with a much more accessible story, we may have something.

Dont know… I'll wait and see, today's movies are no longer necessarily worth the buzz they're generating and if some infamous directors are tied to it, you'll turn your back on the francise.

doesn't work for me.
No specific reason, but it just doesn't sit well.

I felt the same way about the last 2. This guy looks WAY more like what I picture superman to look like.

I have never been able to sit all the way through returns. And I love Spacey as an actor. Just HATED Routh as Supes. Just really didn't fit the part IMHO.

I would have had no problem with Routh again, any shortcomings of Returns was not his fault.

Is this a break away from the Donner-verse?

I hope there is not a retelling of origins. I see no need for that.

God I can't think of any other theme for Superman then John Williams!

But I suppose that is gone.

In order to distance themselves away from the Donner movies, they also need to come up with a whole new theme music. John Williams' theme for Superman is one of my favourites, but just like the Nolan movies had a new Batman theme, this reboot needs to have its own original Superman theme.

And yes they could re-establish the origin story.

Unnecessary many might say, then how can we expect audience to connect with the character and his universe.

Lot of hardcore fans assume everybody knows about Superman. Yes lot of people do, but many of the current younger generation know him as that superhero who can fly and wears underwear over his pants. These people don't know about the 4 Donner movies nor do they watch Smallville. They don't know who is Jor-El nor anything about the Kent family.

WB needs this movie to be a hit, a BIG hit. It needs to appeal to US audience, it needs to appeal to audience worldwide.

With a origin story they can establish a fresh mythology, which will be connected through more movies to a form a trilogy.

Just because we know the world of Superman, doesn't mean everybody else does. The last origin movie was in 1978. And when this movie releases in 2012 it will be 34 years since then.

My favourite superhero is and has always been Spider-Man since I was 5 years old. But Superman is still the ultimate superhero and as a kid I have been a fan of the character since I saw Christopher Reeve immortalize the role through the Donner movies. And I really want this movie to do well and connect to the audience. So I do hope they establish a origin story, at least as a short recap in the beginning if not during the whole movie.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back