Removing paint from resin with... EasyOff? Recomended?

That's either some super tough paint, or a weak environmentally friendly version of Easy Off! I'd try acetone or lacquer thinner, I've used them both and neither do any harm to resin. On most paints lacquer thinner will remove it immediately upon contact.

I've used Easy-Off on car kits when I messed up the paint job. It's pretty good on injected plastic. As for resin, I don't know.

NOTE: The 10 minute Easy-Off is the one I used on car models. Don't know how well the longer version handles.

Last edited:
Does Easy-Off work well on casts made of urethane plastic (Smooth Cast 300)? I'm trying to strip a couple of layers of paint and primer off one, and I'm not sure which remover to use which wouldn't harm the plastic. Should I just go acetone all the way?

I was looking for this same answer and tried Purple Power and EasyOff - thought I'd post that EasyOff indeed worked. Purple Power took off a little bit that was fresh but not primer. Then I put four resin figures in a large ziploc, sprayed the crap out of them and the bag interior with Easy-Off and the next day scrubbed it off with a brush. Had to use a wire brush is a few spots so have to sand a little more but kinda expected that. Thanks for the tip.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back