Asahi (airsoft) Sterling L2A3?

Xhiwar

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there!

I recently noticed that there's a gun shop VERY close to my apartment and through their window I saw what looked like a L2A3. Since I always enjoy looking at possible Stormtrooper blasters, I went in there.

Apparently, the Sterling was not a real steel gun but an airsoft replica. They told me that they had about two or three of those left.

Now, I distinctly remember that I read somewhere that these are long out of production and are considered rather rare. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I DID use the search function and there were indeed a few threads regarding the airsoft sterlings, but there was not much more information than "they are rare" and that they are "around 400$" according to one thread and "over 1000$" in another thread. I might be interested in getting one of there, but would need to know what the current going rate is approximately.

Cheers!
Roman

Hi Xhiwar.
I did an E-11 last year with a L2A3 airsoft replica from Asahi.
A magazine cost 50$ and the L2A3 cost 350/500$ (depend of the version: magazine air or magazine spring).
If you want do an E-11, I can post my tutorial :)!
Have a nice day.

It's one of those they pop up every now and then on a blue moon things. I haven't even seen one pop up on ebay in a long time. Snag it for what you can and are comfortable with. My guess is if he's still got 3, he knows what he has and the price is the reason he's still got them.

Actually, they're not even that expensive.
I'd say the reason he still has them is that "classic airsoft" isn't exactly very popular around here, especially with the current gun laws, and carrying an external gas tank with you in an airsoft game can spoil the fun, so that's why no one is buying them. I don't think he really knows what he's got there (it also isn't an airsoft shop, but a gun shop with only about two or three airsoft guns. Most of them pretty old models).

The reason why I'm hesitant is because I already have a MR Stormie blaster at home (although completely taken apart at the moment), and I'm not sure I really want to spend anything on this. It was more of a question whether it is so rare that it would be cool to have one just for the "cool" factor.

BTW, I believe they are part metal, part plastic? What exactly is the difference between the "magazine air" and "magazine spring" version? The shop owner told me the ones in his shop are operated with an external gas tank.

Cheers!
Roman

Three L2A3 Asahi were a tresor (for airsoft player and SW fan)!

In the air magazine version, bullets were push by a little air pipe.
In the spring magazine version, bullets were push by a spring like the actual airsoft magazine (midcap).

NB: Escuse me for my bad english

If they are not that expensive, why not buy them from the gunshop and sell them in the Junkyard here or on ebay for a profit? I'm sure there are people that would appreciate it if you did that. Plus, you'd be making some money for yourself. I don't want one, but I'm sure others do. Just sayin'.

Hmm...
I guess that would be a possibility. However, it would require a lot of paperwork to get them out of the country, if I even can get them out, and the buyer would have to know exactly whether they can import it or not. I'm sure the export clearance would also cost something, and with shipping, I'm not sure whether it's worth it in the end for any potential buyers...

Oh well, if someone really, really wants one of these, I could see what I can do, but I'll tell you, it's probably gonna be one hell of a hassle until you hold it in your hands. :)

I know, I know, bad selling speech. It's how it is. :p

Cheers!
Roman

P.S.: Please don't move this to the Junkyard or anything, I'm not sure I even could sell these if I wanted to, and I'm actually rather looking to get more input on the guns themselves in this thread. I read something about a "Super Sterling" version of these? What's the difference? How do I find out which ones these are?

I've owned 2 of them, one was basically RIGHT out of the box in mint condition. I converted them both, one into a Trooper blaster and the other into a Rebel Fleet trooper blaster. I carried both at Cons. They pop up every now and then. We had a contact a couple years ago that would get batches of them from Japan every now and then. I think we had a group buy of 5 that last time.

- Jeff

Hmm...
I guess that would be a possibility. However, it would require a lot of paperwork to get them out of the country, if I even can get them out, and the buyer would have to know exactly whether they can import it or not. I'm sure the export clearance would also cost something, and with shipping, I'm not sure whether it's worth it in the end for any potential buyers...

Well, I know anyone in the U.S.A. can buy them (which is probably where most of the potential customers for Star Wars gun modding live (no offense rest of the world)) from any country that can legally sell airsoft guns to the U.S.

Your right though, it does depend on the country they are shipping from and the country they are being shipped to on whether you can sell them or buy them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back