Torchwood Lighted Police ID Holder

Brucifer

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone has made the lighted warrant holder seen in the first Torchwood episode? They look rather simple; a stand badge holder with a side mounted LED light source. They are worn on the police's hi-vis vest. I wish I could post a pic, but I'm not very good at getting a screen capture and I haven't been able to find any image online.

Thank you for any info on this.

Sorry about this being way off topic but how long has this torchwood been on? I just started watching re-runs over the last three weeks and it seems like it's the x-files that's totally jumped the shark. Is it always so crazy or does it get better?

Here is a cap I have of the badge holder.

attachment.php

Wildunc1,
There have been no new episodes of Torchwood for a while, I think at least a year. There are two seasons and a miniseries which acts as season 3. I think season 4 is being written, but has not begun shooting as far as I know.

Did you start watching from the beginning, or jump in? In my opinion the first season was better than the second, though there were some amazing episodes in S2. The Children of Earth miniseries/season was worth watching since I was following story but I don't have any plans to watch it again.

Although it started as a UK BBC programme, it is now being made in the US by the Starz network. Series 4 has been filming for a few weeks in LA, but is currently filming in South Wales for 2 weeks. As a fan and tv extra, I'm filming as a policeman for the show next Monday :cool . Ad for the badge holders, I've not seen them appear since ep 1, nor do I believe they are an actual police issue, having never seen them on any other officer or in use anywhere else in the UK.

Thank you all for your replies.

@Wildunc1, Yeah, it's a bit wacky, but then again what do you expect from a Dr. Who spin off? I just take it at entertainment value.

@moviebuff5, Thank you for the cap. I'm just not savvy enough to do it myself.

@somerset fox, I used to do extra work when I lived in San Francisco. It was a lot of fun to hang out on set and see the process. It has to be the ultimate in cool to be an extra on a show that you are a fan of. As a Yank, I wasn't sure if those warrant holders were standard issue. I didn't expect the props department to add anything to the 'normal' side of the show. You would think that they got everything off the shelf from the local police supply. If you come across one, could you take a couple of pictures of it, please? What it looks like is a standard holder with a LED source on top, then something molded over it all to make it look finished. The main component to me is the light itself; was it crafted for the show or from something else.

Thanks again for everyone's reply and please report back about your experiences, Somerset.

Torchwood is indeed filming out in Wales at the moment. Then they're supposed to be getting a week off, then it's back to LA for more filming.

As for the lighted holder, I think the only episode they actually used them in was the very 1st episode. I've got one of the National Issue jackets, but I've never seen those particular holders for sale anywhere.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back